• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tkulp

Tkulp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:Studying the Word as the Spirit directs.
    Sharing what I learn about the Truth of the Word of God.
    Aquaponics / rooting plant starts / Living on God's provisions
    Learning about wild edibles, Herbs and the God's natural provisions for life, both physical and spiritual.
    Raising cattle
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Coop Prairie

Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:33 AM

Tozer's devotional was fantastic today, "May 11"

Truth Wounds

The truth resolves some difficulties and creates others.

"The truth shall make you free"; that is, free from the woes, the yokes, the burdens which sin imposes.

Yet that same truth brings problems of another kind. It cannot be otherwise, since we are forced to entertain truth in a world dedicated to the lie. Human society is in a quiet conspiracy against the truth as far as it touches spiritual and moral things. The soul dedicated to God's truth is never popular with the multitudes. They make him pay for his love of truth. And that creates a problem for him.

Wherever and whenever truth gets itself incarnated in a man, that man is sure to become the target for every kind of opposition from the casual barbed insult of a professed friend to the carefully prepared campaign of the avowed enemy. The problem this creates for the man of truth is how to accept these attacks in the spirit of charity, how to keep cool and patient when all his old natural reflexes urge him to strike back with every weapon at his command.

Verse

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. First Corinthians 13:6-7

Thought

Living out truth in the midst of untruth cause wounds. To accept those wounds without rancor or retaliation requires that we allow the love of Christ to flow through us. And that love heals the wounds.

Prayer

Lord, I ask for a miracle--Your love. Love for truth and for the enemies of it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why do people that refer to themselves, by the name of Christ, fight and argue against the Truth?

Pro 21:2-4  All of a person's ways seem right in his own opinion, but the LORD evaluates the motives. To do righteousness and justice is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.  Haughty eyes and a proud heart — the agricultural product of the wicked is sin. (You will find it hard to appreciate the 'agricultural' idea unless you love to grow things.)

Why do we all believe that we live in the Truth (In the Light), but do not 'live and produce' the fruit of the Light and Truth?

Is it because some people, most people? ...love the Darkness rather than the Light? ...live in Darkness but call and believe that 'the darkness' is light? ... too busy with the worthless pursuits of life to have any time for the Light to reveal the Darkness in their lives?

Mark 4:11-12  And He said to them, To you has been entrusted the mystery of the kingdom of God [that is, the secret counsels of God which are hidden from the ungodly]; but for those outside [of our circle] everything becomes a parable, In order that they may [indeed] look and look but not see and perceive, and may hear and hear but not grasp and comprehend, lest haply they should turn again, and it [their willful rejection of the truth] should be forgiven them. [Isa. 6:9-10; Mat. 13:13-15]

Romans 12:1-2   I APPEAL to you therefore, brethren, and beg of you in view of [all] the mercies of God, to make a decisive dedication of your bodies [presenting all your members and faculties] as a living sacrifice, holy (devoted, consecrated) and well pleasing to God, which is your reasonable (rational, intelligent) service and spiritual worship.

Do not be conformed to this world (this age), [fashioned after and adapted to its external, superficial customs], but be transformed (changed) by the [entire] renewal of your mind [by its new ideals and its new attitude], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God, even the thing which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His sight for you].

#2 BHerr

BHerr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:21 AM

I've always wondered about that...why God would keep people from being able to see and understand, "lest they should turn and be forgiven". Doesn't He want people to turn and be forgiven? Yes, but not while doing things their own way according to their own understanding (lawless, without direction outside of themselves)

I'm reminded of what God said about the tree of life after Adam and Eve disobeyed Him, "Then the Lord God said, “Look, the human beings have become like us, knowing both good and evil. What if they reach out, take fruit from the tree of life, and eat it? Then they will live forever!”
Genesis 3:22 NLT

And then I read this morning from Collosians 3:9, 10
"So we have not stopped praying for you since we first heard about you. We ask God to give you complete knowledge of his will and to give you spiritual wisdom and understanding. Then the way you live will always honor and please the Lord, and your lives will produce every kind of good fruit. All the while, you will grow as you learn to know God better and better."
Colossians 1:9‭-‬10 NLT
  • Tkulp likes this

#3 Tkulp

Tkulp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
    Learning about wild edibles, Herbs and the God's natural provisions for life, both physical and spiritual.
    Raising cattle
  • I am a Layperson

• Coop Prairie

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:04 AM

I have not been sure how to present the following that I felt to address this morning, new forum or blog. I just felt to put it here as it does have to do with the messages that are in the World today. Easy believe trying or repentant, surrendered, walk with the Holy Spirit?

I do believe that it is critical, now and eternally, to follow the Truth.

Is this Truth or Error?

The following (between the dashed lines ----) was taken from a devotional written by a well known Pastor in the US.

How do you decide what is "Truth" and what is 'deception'?

Beginning of Devotional  ----------------------------------------------------------------

Relax. God’s Grace Covers Your Sin!

"As a father is kind to his children, so the Lord is kind to those who honor him. He knows what we are made of; he remembers that we are dust." (Psalm 103:13-14 GN)

God's love is unconditional; it's not based on what you do or don't do.

The Bible teaches us that "there is no condemnation now for those who live in union with Christ Jesus" (Romans 8:1 TEV). What does that mean? Let's say I take a card and write every single thing I've ever done wrong on it (and, of course, it wouldn't all fit on a single card). I write down all my sins, faults, mistakes, skeletons in my closet, shameful acts and thoughts and memories and temptations. And then I put the card in a book and close it. You can't see the card anymore. You can only see the book. That's the way God sees us when Jesus is in our lives. He no longer sees our sin; he sees Jesus at work in our lives.

When I come to Christ and say, "God, here's my life — everything I've ever done wrong, every time I've ever made a mistake, all those stupid things I've done. I want to put my life in Jesus Christ." Jesus wraps me with his love, and God looks at Jesus and sees that Jesus is perfect. He doesn't see my sin. That's what it means to relax in God's grace.

End of Devotional  -----------------------------------------------------------------

I find it interesting that Satan is still the same today as He was shortly after creation as shared in Genesis 3.

Satan said,  "...Surely you will not die, for God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will open and you will be like divine beings who know good and evil."

Satan's voice has been heard down through the centuries saying the same basic message of deception. 'You can disobey and do what you want and not have to face the consequences for your sin.'

Satan will use anyone that still is controlled by the flesh, and like in the beginning Satan uses the best He can find. " Now the serpent was more shrewd than any of the wild animals that the LORD God had made."

Satan says today, ...Jesus did not come to deliver you from your 'self' and your 'flesh', He came to 'cover-up' you sins and disobedience. God's love is unconditional.

The Bible is full of conditions!

Psalms 103:17-18 completes the idea started in the previous verses used in the devotional. "....But the LORD continually shows loyal love to his faithful followers, and is faithful to their descendants, to those who keep his covenant, who are careful to obey his commands."

...also in the devotional above, the text, is a misleading translation, the phrase from Psalms 103:13-14 " the Lord is kind to those who honor him"...

....should read, NET "...the LORD has compassion on his faithful followers" or KJ "...the LORD pitieth them that fear (fearing; morally reverent) him."

Then, Romans 8:1  as used in this devotional is a deception. It leaves off the condition in verse 8:4, sealing the deceit. who do not walk according to the flesh. (Romans 8:4) At the bottom is more of that chapter, including the conditions, in bold.

John 3:16 NET says, " For this is the way God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life."

Do you not see the condition? "everyone who believes in him" That belief  is an active belief, which is supported in the book of James, especially chapter 2.

The Bible tells you how to know if  you have the "fruit" of the Spirit, or the fruit of the flesh. Galatians 5

Satan will tell you that you do not have to produce good fruit to claim the promises. Check all of the promises out and see how many have a word of condition, somewhere in or 'having to do with' the promise, such as the use of the word "if", "who", "whoever", etc.

Most important, Do you know what it is to be "in" Christ Jesus? ...or have Jesus "in" you or "one" with you?

Rom 8:1  There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

Rom 8:2  For the law of the life-giving Spirit in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and death.

Rom 8:3  For God achieved what the law could not do because it was weakened through the flesh. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and concerning sin, he condemned sin in the flesh,

Rom 8:4  so that the righteous requirement of the law may be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

Rom 8:5  For those who live according to the flesh have their outlook shaped by the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit have their outlook shaped by the things of the Spirit.

Rom 8:6  For the outlook of the flesh is death, but the outlook of the Spirit is life and peace,

Rom 8:7  because the outlook of the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to the law of God, nor is it able to do so.

Rom 8:8  Those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

Rom 8:9  You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, this person does not belong to him.

Rom 8:10  But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is your life because of righteousness.

Rom 8:11  Moreover if the Spirit of the one who raised Jesus from the dead lives in you, the one who raised Christ from the dead will also make your mortal bodies alive through his Spirit who lives in you.

Rom 8:12  So then, brothers and sisters, we are under obligation, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh

Rom 8:13  (for if you live according to the flesh, you will die), but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body you will live.

Rom 8:14  For all who are led by the Spirit of God are the sons of God.

#4 Charles Miles

Charles Miles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Interests:Medicine
    Fruits of the spirit
    Learning more about the Kingdom of God and how to live in it here on earth
  • I am a Layperson

• First Presbyterian Church EPC

Posted 23 September 2017 - 03:54 AM

I have been away for a while, but do stop by and check on old friends on Deeper Life Forum.  Identifying sin in our lives is not difficult and our job, as relates to sin is to ask forgiveness and try not to do it again.......but we usually do mess up again.  If not in that area, then in another. Living in this world is much like walking through a mud hole and wondering why we have muddy feet.

Friends, people are not going to hell for what they do, they will go to hell for what they are. We must be born again by the spirit, be made into a new creature, and allow the Lord to come into us and live there.  He will remove the heart of stone, replace it with a heart of flesh, write His laws on our heart, He will be our God, and we will be His people. And He will remember our sins no more!(New Covenant). Yes we walk through mud holes and yes we get mud on us, but it will no longer be in our heart, but just on our feet, and can easily be washed off by repentance.

Often these mud holes get deep, really deep, and doubt creeps into our mind. The Lord`s gentle words can then be heard.....".Do you trust me? Do you actually believe what I said?" The Lord loves us more than anyone can fathom. His power is greater than anything we can know. 

In these "interesting times" let us revel in His love for us, knowing that He will always do what He always said He would do.

I am a blessed man because God loves me. I know He does because He said He does.

Charlie

#5 Tkulp

Tkulp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
    Raising cattle
  • I am a Layperson

• Coop Prairie

Posted Today, 01:17 AM

Charlie,

I am really disappointed in you! You should know better than to do what you have done here!!

I left you, in March of this year, with a detailed evaluation of your incorrect beliefs, according to Scripture, at this location....  https://ecommunity.c...fusing/page-2  

If you seriously wanted Truth why have you not addressed the Word of God that was given to you there?

You come on to this "The Deeper Life Forum"  with the friendly kiss of Judas to push beliefs that are not true.

This thread is entitled  "Do You Hate the Truth?"   Are you trying to establish that you hate the Truth?

It was started from a devotional by Tozer as follows...

Truth Wounds

The truth resolves some difficulties and creates others.

"The truth shall make you free"; that is, free from the woes, the yokes, the burdens which sin imposes.

Charlie here is truth regarding your post on this thread. You have gone beyond splashing through a mud puddle and getting a little dirt on your feet, that can be easily washed off!

You have not demonstrated that you have read anything that was written before your post or understood any of the context of what was being talked about or the verses given.

You have posted concepts that the Word of God plainly states the opposite of.

I would call that deception, lying or misrepresenting Truth of the highest form.

You have broken the ninth commandment, “You shall not bear false witness”! Your words are not just going to me, they are going out to the entire planet earth.

This is not a sin against me Charlie, this is a sin against the Word of God and the everything that the Word of God stands for!

If you are at all sincerely interested in what it is that you have said so blatantly false, ask, I will respond to any sincerity.

When you post or speak anything on line, or anywhere as a follower and witness to who and what God is, I would encourage you to know who and what you are talking about 'first hand', not what some man has taught you and you believe is true!

Second hand information is dangerous and can be misleading.

Here are some things that Jesus said that I believe could be applicable to you,  Jesus said, "If anyone wants to become my follower, he must deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow me."

Jesus said to his disciples, "Stumbling blocks are sure to come, but woe to the one through whom they come!  It would be better for him to have a millstone tied around his neck and be thrown into the sea than for him to cause one of these little ones to sin. Watch yourselves!

If your brother sins, rebuke him. If he repents, forgive him. Luke 17:1-3

Charlie consider this a rebuke and a warning to stop being a false witness. You have demonstrated plainly, in your post above, that you are not a lover of Truth!

Tim K.

#6 Meema

Meema

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• family home church

Posted Today, 04:18 AM

Hi Charles. I haven’t been in here in a very long time either. In fact, I don’t know what made me stop in this time.  Frankly I’m stunned to see this forum taken over by one person allowed to do so. Seems to be the way of things though. I’ve seen this too many times and it’s likely why I stopped posting in forums. There’s always that one who thinks he or she is the only one who knows THE TRUTH and wields it like a weapon against everyone else. Kind of a shame really. I once had a very painful experience with a religious tyrant but it was an essential learning curve in the important skill of discernment.

Good to read your words again, dear heart. 

I leave with this thought - the day comes when we are challenged to speak out. Guess it was my turn.