• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Interests:Missions, Africa, Cleveland and Ohio Sports
  • I am a Missionary

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Northview Alliance Church, Wooster, Ohio

Posted 30 March 2024 - 04:27 AM

Our son Stephen is serving at the Bongolo hospital in Gabon. He recently wrote this: "The hardest part of working at a mission hospital is dealing with death. I remember some of those who have passed away at our hospital recently - a young man with severe meningitis, an infant with a throat malformation, a child with liver failure, an extremely premature newborn, and an old man suffering with skin sores. I can picture their friends sorrow and hear their families wailing. How are we supposed to respond to death? What do we say when we can tell the baby on the ultrasound no longer has a heartbeat? What do we tell parents weeping next to their young daughter who has passed away? 

This week is focused on remembering how Jesus shared in our suffering and the hope we can have in the midst of death. Instead of ignoring or scolding people’s tears, we can follow Jesus’ approach of coming alongside those who suffer and maintaining a hopeful presence in the midst of their pain, knowing that death doesn’t have the last word.

I am thankful for the cross and the empty tomb and look forward to when “He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore.” Can’t wait!"

Pray for hospital staff, that they would know Christ's strength and hope as they share the love of Christ with the sick.

Attached File  IMG_5250.jpeg   262.54KB   0 downloads