• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Interests:Missions, Africa, Cleveland and Ohio Sports
  • I am a Missionary

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Northview Alliance Church, Wooster, Ohio

Posted 15 December 2023 - 02:05 AM

We take great courage from the fact that Jesus closely invested in twelve disciples. Even though crowds followed Him, His time was spent in teaching and mentoring just a few. As our city has experienced the arrival of hundreds of thousands of displaced people, we have been asking the question, "How can we meet all of these needs?" We work through local churches to resource distributions to the crowds, but we also have picked a group of 40 displaced women, and are seeking to help them in deeper ways. We opened a small school for their children. We work through an association of Christian women that meet twice a week with these women to listen, encourage, and give advice. The small children come each week to receive food fortification. Our team has found that when the needs overwhelm us, targeting a specific group (like widows), or limiting the number of people, helps us to maintain focus and avoid burnout. Our prayer is that these forty women will  in turn be a help and encouragement to others around them as they learn practical skills that will enable them to be self-sufficient.

Attached File  IMG_2380.jpeg   135.17KB   0 downloads

#2 Andrew/Esther Schaeffer

Andrew/Esther Schaeffer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Interests:Missions, Africa, Cleveland and Ohio Sports
  • I am a Missionary

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Northview Alliance Church, Wooster, Ohio

Posted 04 January 2024 - 10:45 AM

Another influx of displaced people into our city. Pray that we can expand our efforts to help in practical ways.