• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Interests:Missions, Africa, Cleveland and Ohio Sports
  • I am a Missionary

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Northview Alliance Church, Wooster, Ohio

Posted 15 September 2023 - 11:00 AM

“If only I could find work”. I was at a meeting for displaced people and several young women pulled me aside, found some chairs for us to sit on, and then presented their problem. “If only we could find work. We need to find work so that we can help our families. We need to find work. Do you know anyone who is looking for someone to do laundry, or watch children, or clean, or do dishes?” This gave me a wonderful opportunity, first to listen, and then to share with them that their biggest need was not work. Their biggest need was to know Christ and get into a right relationship with God. After sharing the Gospel, I asked if they would consider what I had said and if they would come to church on Sunday so that they could learn more about Jesus. Then, I asked if I could pray for them. We held hands and, hard to explain, but during that prayer, I felt some of the desperation leave them and a genuine softening of hearts.

Pray with us for these six young women. Pray that they will consider what they heard and follow-up and come to church. Pray that they will accept Christ. Pray for us as we work with young women and share the Good News that Jesus can meet their deepest needs.

Attached File  IMG_9990.jpeg   174.19KB   0 downloads