• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 douglas-oliver

douglas-oliver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 February 2022 - 04:45 AM

While serving as an engineering professor at a Christian university I became acutely aware of students who might be called into ministry – yet were financing their education with student debt.   As you are likely aware, student debt is one of the primary impediments to many young believers stepping up to become international workers or full-time ministers.

As a result, My wife and I have purchased two houses near the University of Toledo to serve as a home (rent-free) for students who feel called by God into international (missionary) work or full-time ministry with the CMA.  Through my church (Toledo First Alliance Church – FAC) we can offer these students full scholarships for the CMA's School of Ministry (SoM).  The SoM covers the academic portion of the credentialing for full-time ministry for the CMA.  SoM is run by the Alliance Center for Leadership Development

In addition, we offer qualified students a matching scholarship to attend the University of Toledo – with up to full tuition covered.  The goal is that students who are called by God may enter the ministry debt-free.

You may know students who feel that God is calling them to prepare to serve full-time with the Christian and Missionary Alliance – yet are hoping to do so without accruing further student debt.  If so, please let them know of our offer to help them graduate without accruing more debt.  You may find more details at foreternity.org.

If you have questions about this, please email me at douglas-oliver@bex.net (Use the subject heading ForEternity).

"If your concern is to get young people into the churches or on the mission fields, the greatest enemy other than Satan himself is educational debt, because there are far too many young people graduating who are slaves to that debt when they need to be unfettered slaves to Christ." - Albert Mohler

Sincerely,

Douglas Oliver, PhD