Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • The Bridge

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:28 PM

A young boy knocked on my door as the daylight was giving way to evening....we have about 8 inches of snow and a wind chill below zero. I at first was not going to answer the door as I was by myself(our neighborhood is not that highly thought of)but suddenly I saw he came with a shovel so I ran to my purse hoping I had some money for him, I opened the door and noticed he had no hat and looked so cold and I sensed desperation.Please may I shovel some for you I am trying to raise some money. I was so moved by something in this young boy I told him I do not want you to shovel my snow but I do want to give you this.He stood there as though in shock and as I handed him the bill he said are you kidding me? No I want you to know God loves you Jesus loves you now you go home get in from the cold hon and be careful it is getting dark now.Well then it was my turn to be shocked he reached in my door and grabbed me and hugged me saying thank you.He seemed about to cry as he turned and left.I watched him go and turned back to my chores and as I was on my knees scrubbing my tub I just started to cry with such emotion as I thought of him and prayed for him. I thought of all the lost cold hurting and hungry and begged God to comfort them and to always help me have a heart of compassion. The love and mercy and peace I have all because of Jesus I love to share with any who will hear cause He loves them just as much as He loves me and you too....keep my little fella in your prayers please and thank you.....stay warm
  • chipped china and lindasiptak like this
Jesus and Jesus alone saves=D