Photo

Family... ( Just my babbling pointless vent thingy )

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CHRISTOPHER310

CHRISTOPHER310

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:39 PM

Who are we without family? More so, who are we without the love from family? We are as society has slowly becoming more of...fallen. Broken, lost, hurting, seeking but not finding, dying piece by piece, falling further away from the life we were intended to live by God’s plans, and falling further away from God himself.

I find it ironic with in my own heart that family structure and family love would be such an important thing to me. Ironic because I grew up in an actual abusive adopted family where abuse, alcohol, violence, betrayal, hate and anger, and all the other despicable things, yet I still believe in and desire family.

What good are we without having a family to be apart of, to love us, to support and invest in? What good are we, who are we? Can we find what we don’t have, family? Where do we find such a thing? Who do we find it? Church, friends, new relationships? Does family have to be biological or of the same ethnicity?

I have no family. A child I love that lives with her mom beyond my physical reach. I am a dad, but a broken hearted one. I will always be my child’s dad, but I have no family. Never did. My biological mother threw me away because of what I reminder her of. A rape and resulting pregnancy. My adopted mother took me in for reasons of personal agendas, not out of love. I was raised in abuse and violent as the normal way of living. I met a woman and we had a child and she put me through a living hell before and after leaving with our child. I have no family.

However, I am not without hope. At my old church I had close church friends. Some I called family at one point in time. Blood and race did not matter. Heart did and it was great. But as life has it to be, that time has past and we no longer communicate much less show a sense of family between us. My new church is great, but I have yet to make any true meaningful connections, much less reestablish family. I spends almost all my time around people in good and bad moments, but always still feel alone and without family. I refuse to give up on family. There has to be family somewhere at some point in time, with someone. I refuse to give up on believing and desiring family.

I am not alone. I am not the only one who is without family or desires one. Who suffers without family. Many are out there like me. Anyways, I am just babbling like an idiot. It helps me at times when I feel like poop. This post has no real contributing value to this group. It’s just a release for me. Sorry.

#2 CHRISTOPHER310

CHRISTOPHER310

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:48 PM

This is just a stupid vent posting. I can't remove it so please just ignore it. Thx.

#3 elizabethcog

elizabethcog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• The Bridge

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:11 AM

You baring your your heart not stupid,as always you will be in my prayers and thoughts today,some things this side of Heaven just will never make sense.Jesus  has been my rock when the hard tides of this life ripped all else away,just when I realized I was to drown i realized He was holding me up even as I tried many times to sling myself back into the filth he pulled me from. Out of love and gratitude I tell all who will hear now, this rescue he will do for all who will believe......

• chipped china likes this
Jesus and Jesus alone saves=D

#4 Gordy

Gordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Ensley Alliance Church, Pensacola FL

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:45 AM

I agree.  This is why we have something like this.