• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Kenny

Kenny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study, Bicycling, Christian Fellowship, I love reading A.W. Tozer and listening to Alistair Begg. Favorite book other than the Bible is Pilgrims Progress.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:35 AM

Here are a few favorite quotes from my files. I hope you find one that blesses you this morning

A faith resting on human tradition, or on the authority of a Church, is not Divine faith; it is a mere superstition, it is a faith which stands in the wisdom of men, and not in the power of God (I Corinthians 2:5). - E. W. Bullinger

"A religion that gives nothing, costs nothing, and suffers nothing, is worth nothing."-- Martin Luther

"My worth to God in public is what I am in private."--Oswald Chambers

O Lord our God, grant us grace to desire Thee with our whole heart; that, so desiring,we may seek, and seeking find Thee; and so finding Thee may love Thee; and loving Thee, may hate those sins from which Thou hast redeemed us. (St. Anselm)

“All our spiritual treasures only corrupt if we hoard them for ourselves. Only water that runs is living water. And only when it is poured into other empty vessels does it become wine.” A.B. Simpson

God is ready to assume full responsibility for the life wholly yielded to Him. - Andrew Murray

Oh God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace.

I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, the Triune God, I want to want Thee. I long to be filled with longing, I thirst to be made more thirsty still.

Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me.

Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me the grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wandered so long. In Jesus name, Amen - A. W. Tozer

• elizabethcog, Charles Miles, Meema and 2 others like this