Photo

Do you truly believe? What does God see when he looks at you?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Onlyloveremains

Onlyloveremains

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:43 AM

WHAT DOES GOD SEE WHEN HE LOOKS AT YOU?

How you answer this reveals what you really believe in your heart about God.

What you believe is powerful. Grace is the antidote for a poisoned mind. Grace is the truth that Jesus came to give us. Grace and truth are one in the same thing. It is the truth of grace and not of the law that brings you true freedom. Religion creates bondage. When Jesus talks about grace, He is talking about himself. Grace is a person. We can't process His grace logically in our minds, it needs to be experienced in the heart.

John 14:6. The way, the truth, and the life. (Jesus). Religion is fault finding, legalistic, critical of others, making loud claims and pointing out the bad. (Pharisees). (And when they stood in the very presence of God, they did not recognize Him because they were "self" occupied. They condemn and judge. This is why people do not hear Him. The wrong belief traps in a cycle of guilt, fear, defeat, addiction, sickness, and trusting everyone else to help them other than God Himself. Right believing will set us free.

Praying for good is grace. Anything opposite is condemning. We get what we do not deserve. (Psalms 103:10. ) this was already taken care of at the cross. God cannot be judging and punishing for transgressions if He removed them. We punish ourselves by wrong thinking. The works of Jesus were to pursue the shunned. And He's still doing this today. Religion teaches us to fear God. Jesus defines fear as worship.( See Deut. 6:13 and Matt. 4:10. )

The old covenant law was all about your love for God. The new covenant of (grace) is all about God's love for you. Under grace God doesn't want you to focus on your thoughts of how much you can love Him. His love is based on who He is not based on what we do.

The people who qualify for His justification are the ones who have failed, fall short, made mistakes, sinned. The religious (godly) do not qualify because they worship a Different God. He came to redeem the imperfect, and ungodly. He doesn't make the guilty feel more guilty, ashamed feel more ashamed, He already knew how they felt and had compassion. Religion concentrates on the sinner and the sin. Jesus concentrates on the believer being washed clean and restored. Religion gives people what they think they deserve. Jesus gives what we don't. Those who have been forgiven much, love much, those who have been forgiven little, love little. The broken and humbled experience His love for themselves , and it's by that love that they are transformed. Religion will never transform people from the inside out. Self efforts of overcoming failings and mistakes only lead to more bondage. Grace is a gift, not earned. And receive it by knowing Gods truth, and forgetting all the old knowledge which is based on the law do the old covenant. When we receive grace, our words will only speak life. If they don't, than it's time to put off the old man (religion) and put on the new (Jesus) and start receiving all promises and blessings. (Wherever your faith is, you will receive no more than what you believe)

When God sees you, He sees Jesus. His thoughts toward us are loving kindness, forgiveness, blessings & favor. John 3:15 "that whoever believes in Him shall never perish." It doesn't say obeys Him perfectly, never fails again, and it certainly does not say whoever keeps all his commandments. It simply says whoever believes in Him. In Numbers 23:21 God did not say there was no sin or iniquity in His people, He said He didn't see it. He is not saying there is no sin in us, He is saying " I don't see it" He already saw our sins punished into nonexistence. Because of the atonement and payment by Jesus, He sees us as righteous, forgiven, healed, favored, blessed, accepted, and beloved sons and daughters because of the cross for Jesus. Do you see yourself that way?

THE KEY TO FAITH IS FOUND IN LOOKING TO THE SOURCE OF FAITH....JESUS

Fix your eyes on Him and His finished work. The more you receive His love and grace, and see you the way He sees you, the more you will arise from every area of defeat . When we have negative attitudes about ourselves and others, we have wrong beliefs about God. If you believe that God is hard on you for any failures, you will be hard on others around you, and end up being hard on yourself. The root cause of habits, fears, addictions, and sickness can be traced back to condemnation. God is not in the business of condemning. He is in the business of forgiving. He understands every temptation and every trial. He's not waiting for you to live up to a set of do's and don'ts before He forgives and loves you.

People believe wrong when they think that their righteousness is dependent upon how they will perform that day. This leads to an identity crisis. Righteousness is not a result of right doing, it is only a result in right believing. There are so many teachings on right doing, right doing, and more right doing. And people put their hope in righteousness they think they have to produce. Sin is not the issue. The issue is not understanding the grace of Jesus. When you are under grace, sin has no dominion over your life. It cannot take root when you are established in God's forgiveness. Receiving His forgiveness puts you in victory, whereas those who receive condemnation for every wrong thought in their mind enter into a never ending cycle of defeat. Christian religion will keep people on a treadmill based on efforts and acceptance.

Under the law ( Old Testament) right living is done out of religious obligation. Under grace (Jesus) New Testament, everything we do is of inward motivation from a love relationship. But His love needs to work in us first. When we experience His love, we just love, when we experience His forgiveness, we just forgive, automatically without trying. This is being renewed in your mind. The laws God writes on our Hearts are nit the Ten Commandments. " thou shall not commit murder" but it cannot put love and forgiveness in your heart for someone who has wronged you. He who is forgiven much, loves much and he who is loved most, loves best. Do you want to know the will of God, then look at Jesus. He is the living expression of what's on God's mind and heart, and this is how he looks at every believer.

JESUS IS OUR:
Counselor - facing a major decision
Comforter- are you distressed?
Comforter- relieves of mental distress
Helper- relief from or support in your responsibilities
Intercessor- broken relationships/ acts between parties to reconcile relationships
Advocate- He will plead your cause
Strengthener- He will help you grow, become stronger and endure
Standby- He can be relied upon anytime including emergencies

JESUS MAKES GOD VISIBLE, CHANGE POSSIBLE, HAPPINESS ATTAINABLE, RECOURSES AMPLE, SUFFERING UNDERSTANDABLE, SIN FORGIVABLE AND HEALING AVAILABLE.

ADONAI. ADVOCATE. ALIVE. ALMIGHTY. ALPHA AND OMEGA. AMEN. ANCHOR. ANCIENT OF DAYS. THE ANGEL OF HIS PRESENCE. BREAD OF LIFE. BLESSINGS. BRIGHT MORNING STAR. CAPSTONE. COMFORTER. COUNSELOR. COMPASSION. CREATOR. CROSS. DELIVERS. ETERNAL GOD. ETERNAL KING. ESCAPE. EVERLASTING FATHER. EVERLASTING GOD. ETERNAL. FAITH. FAITHFULL. FATHER. FATHER OF HEAVENLY LIGHTS. FREE. GOD MOST HIGH. COMFORT. GIFTS. GRACE. GLORY. HELPER. HIGH PRIEST. HOLY SPIRIT. HOPE. GAURDS. GOD OF ALL MANKIND. GOD OF ALL THE EARTH. GOD OF ABRAHAM. GOD OF HOSTS. GOD OF ISRAEL. GOD OF JACOB. GLORY. JESUS. KNOWING. LOVE AND PEACE. GOD OF MY FATHER. PROTECTOR. PRAISE. RIGHTEOUSNESS. RESTORE. SHIELD. STRENGTH. HORN OF SALVATION. TRUE VINE.
FORGIVES. SAVES. GUIDE OF MY YOUTH. HOLY. HOPE. I AM. IMMANUEL. INCREASE. JACOBS KING. KING OF KINGS. LAMB OF GOD. LIGHT OF ISRAEL. LIGHT OF THE WORLD. LIVING GOD. LORD. LOVE. LOVING. ONE. LORD MY GOD. MY ROCK. LORD OF HOSTS. LORD OF LORDS. LORD OUR GOD. LORD OUR MAKER. LORD WHO HEALS. LORD WHO SANCTIFIES. ONLY BEGOTTEN SON. PROVIDER. MEDIATOR. MAJESTIC. MASTER. ALL THINGS. MIGHTY. MOST HIGH. MY BELOVED. MERCY. OVERCOME. LIFTS. WISE. DWELLING PLACE. PROMISE. PRINCE OF PEACE. RENEW. REIGNS. REDEEMER. REWARDS. SAVIOR. SECURITY. SERVES. SHEPHERD. SON OF DAVID. SOURCE. SPIRIT OF GOD. STRONG FORTRESS. TOWER. RIGHTEOUSNESS. THE WAY. TRUE. UPRIGHT. WONDERFUL. WORD OF GOD. WORSHIP. WITNESS. VICTORY.
  • Candice and chipped china like this

#2 chipped china

chipped china

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:Knowing Jesus and our heritage. Showing Christ though me. Being a member of the Body. I enjoy nature and animals.
  • I am a Layperson

• Bible studies from New Life Assembly

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:43 PM

AMEN!!!!

#3 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:27 PM

Onlyloveremains,

I like this, know it's Joseph Prince, but have yet to really, honestly attain it.  It isn't coming to me very easily and it's, no doubt, a problem for me.

Thank you.

Candice

#4 Onlyloveremains

Onlyloveremains

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:11 AM

Onlyloveremains,

I like this, know it's Joseph Prince, but have yet to really, honestly attain it.  It isn't coming to me very easily and it's, no doubt, a problem for me.

Thank you.
Candice

I've been reading His new book on RIGHT BELIEVING and it's open up my eyes so much. DESTINED TO REIGN is the first book. If you haven't yet read them, you'll be blessed when you do.

SONG OF SOLOMON 4:7
You are all fair, my love, and there is no spot in you.
Sometimes, when we don’t receive our healing, breakthrough, restoration or miracle child, we can’t help but think that something is wrong with us. We tell ourselves, “Nothing’s wrong with God, nothing’s wrong with the Word, so something must be wrong with me!” My friend, if you think that your miracle depends on you, then you are on shaky ground.

In the old covenant, we see this “it’s all up to me” demand put on man. God’s part was to bless His people, but only if they played their part by obeying all of His laws. If they didn’t do their part, not only would they not be blessed, but the curse would also come on them.

Most of the time, they ended up under the curse because they just could not keep all of God’s laws. So God found fault with that covenant because though He wanted to bless man, man’s sins made it difficult for Him to do so. Man himself was the weak link.

In the new covenant, man has no part to play except to believe and receive. The new covenant of grace was cut between God the Father and God the Son—both infallible and more than able to keep the covenant.

God the Son is man’s representative. Jesus represents you and me. So in this covenant, how much we can receive from God depends on how good our representative is, how perfect His obedience is. Of course, Jesus is the perfect Man with perfect obedience. So in Him, we are qualified to receive all the blessings of God! We only need to believe and receive.

Jesus’ blood has been shed for the remission of all your sins. You are now the righteousness of God in Christ. (2 Corinthians 5:21) By His one perfect sacrifice, He has perfected you forever. (Hebrews 10:14, KJV) There is no spot in you!

Today, the devil has no right to tell you that you cannot be blessed because there is something wrong with you. So as you are waiting for your miracle, say, “Nothing’s wrong with God, nothing’s wrong with the Word and nothing’s wrong with me! I am going to receive my miracle!”