• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:51 PM

I ask any of you who are willing to pray regularly for a situation:

I've been slowly befriending over the past year or so a woman from Iran who owns and manages and serves (along with her husband) at a Gyro shop in town.  I don't go there super frequently, but today decided to stop by to have lunch and visit her.  She has an eleven year-old daughter.  Her heart is worried and in fear for her daughter because of the culture here...i.e. bad influences, the whole gay marriage thing, etc.  One can imagine without going too far into thinking about how the US has slipped into utter depravity. 

I asked her to sit with me today as I ate lunch so we could chat and she did and opened up about this.  I asked if she is Muslim and she said yes. But, she is ok with her daughter reading the bible, etc.  When they go to Shiraz, Iran each summer for three months to visit family, there is now conflict with Iranian culture v. American culture for her daughter.  She is worried. Doesn't agree with the covering of the body and head, but wants her daughter to live morally.  My heart goes out to her because of the mother's heart and also I get the cultural thing.  I think living in Shiraz might beat the USA right now even for me..... :)

I told her I'd pray for her regularly and we'd visit weekly to talk since she has no friends here.  I am ordering her a Farsi bible since she does have a bit of a language barrier.

Please pray that the LORD will open doors to talk and share Christ. This is a slow process and means a great commitment on my part for the Lord's desire for her to be saved.  Also, where in the heck would I send her to church here?  A big questions since mine is so unfriendly and others are so off doctrinally leaning towards extremely seeker sensitive.  Such a religious and cultural difference to overcome. But, the Lord will answer prayer and loves her.  I hope the best for her and her daughter (and husband), but he's less open.

Please pray, pray and pray some more....anyone!

Love, Candice

#2 DonnaA

DonnaA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Interests:Bible study with commentaries by Tozer, Francis Chan, Ravi Zacharias, Peterson, Idleman, C.S. Lewis, Yancey and others who challenge me in my walk with God ....
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:16 PM

Wonderful opportunity for you to be our Lord's hands and feet ... wow, what a mission field!!!!

Will be praying ... keep us posted.

Now we have this treasure in clay jars, so that this extraordinary power may be from God and not from us. 

We are pressured in every way but not crushed; we are perplexed but not in despair; 

we are persecuted but not abandoned; we are struck down but not destroyed.

~2 Corinthians 4:7-9~

#3 chipped china

chipped china

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:Knowing Jesus and our heritage. Showing Christ though me. Being a member of the Body. I enjoy nature and animals.
  • I am a Layperson

• Bible studies from New Life Assembly

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:28 AM

I agree with Donna, the Lord has you in the mission field. She's fortunate the Lord is opening a door to her through you. Praise God!!! Yes, I will pray regularly for all of you.  

#4 Ginger

Ginger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:28 PM

agreeing with Donna and Betsy.  Thanking God for equipping you. Will pray regularly.  Since your ministering was on Tuesday maybe your weekly ministering time will be on a specific day.  Perhaps we could hold you in our hearts and prayers while you are ministering if you will have a specific time to minister.... just a thought...   

#5 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:45 AM

Please keep praying. I will go to gyro shop on Mo day. The Lord led me to purchase a Farsi bible which I received and to give her my phone number. I need prayer tho lean into the Spirits leading. As this family summers in Iran, a Muslim converted to Christianity must put that on their passports. I'm praying The Lord will do the supernatural and have her meet believers in Shiraz home church. Pray for genuine and Spirit-led belief and that her husband would not oppose but also be drawn through the Lord.

Pray for me to have the forebearance of the Spirit

Thank you so much.