Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • The Bridge

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:29 PM

I was sent to help a lady with her tv connection and while I was not successful she turned our conversation to a personal note.She opened up to me all about her family and the numerous struggles they were having and the anxiety she felt over not being able to fix it all,I pause and in my heart I asked God to help me give her something. To my surprise I reached out and took her hands in mine and smiled and heard myself ask her"do you know the Lord,do you know Jesus?" she squeezed my hands and smiled and excitedly answered I do yes I do honey. Well I just read in my Bible this morning from 1Corinthians7:32 i want you to not be anxious. Trust God in all this and ask Him for help and understanding and to ease your worry and these things are provided for you just know it even if you don't exactly feel it...she said I think God sent you here for me and she asked what religion I am.I attend a Baptist church but I don't think that defined me really and I do not have understanding of all the religious stuff and don't really get this denomination debate. I love God and worship Him alone.I believe Jesus came from God through the Virgin birth and is in fact God...Godman He came to save no good me and died on the cross and rose 3days later and was seen by many before He returned with The Father,I believe this now because He says I do and I am to honor Him with love and worship and share His Gospel with everyone and love all the people. You sound like a Baptist but speak like a Unity person...I just don't care what any man calls me as long as they know in what, in whom I believe,JESUS!!!All glory to Him and thankfullness to Him,every single drop.....

• chipped china and Ginger like this
Jesus and Jesus alone saves=D

#2 Kenny

Kenny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study, Bicycling, Christian Fellowship, I love reading A.W. Tozer and listening to Alistair Begg. Favorite book other than the Bible is Pilgrims Progress.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:02 PM

I guess people like to find out a person's denominational affiliation so they can take that info to predetermine a bit about what your theology and doctrine may look like. But that's not always a good indicator.

• elizabethcog likes this

#3 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:35 PM

I agree with Kenny. It's just a habit for us to ask sometimes. I agree that it isn't important really. If one is not going to be a friend ( never mind a sister or brother in Christ) because if a preterist view or certain belief in speaking in tongues, etc., then maybe they ask to whittle down the likelihood of compatibility!!! :)
  • chipped china likes this