• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:14 PM

My son has been experiencing depression and has lately been saying he wants to die or thinks of killing himself. He has no friends, as his last friend abandoned him to smoke pot, etc. and won't do anything with him. My son is very academic, but has nothing else. He refuses to submit to the Cross of Christ. I am experiencing peace after a couple of days of trying to "save" him. I realize I cannot keep him from killing himself if that's what he's destined to do.

Please pray my son hears the Gospel from a seed sower and that it takes root and that he can be blessed to live for Christ. Please pray that, if he does take his life, I will still choose to stay.

#2 Ginger

Ginger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:45 PM

Dear precious sister,
Praying for your son and for you.
Asking God's divine intervention and that the Holy Spirit minister and the blood of Jesus and all that Jesus as our High Priest praying and knowing each detail send whatever protection is needed.  I apologize for not knowing the promise scriptures for our children and grandchildren.  The best I know is God's grace and tender mercies as a "Bottom Line". 
Candice, sometimes I think of Jesus' mother and know when I think I or my daughter has suffering as a Momma well somehow it brings me to the cross, the resurrection and helps to let peace that Jesus promise come into mind and heart a bit like the Holy Spirit giving a breathing peace with each inhale and exhale... may the breath of life breath on all that needs His breath and us have the breath of life in spite of whatever the devil tries to do.   A little child-like thing came to mind like a little child saying, "Devil the Lord sneeze on you"... Sorry but just sensing a little child's faith and taking the shield of faith.  O Lord help us to put on the whole armor .... and when we feel like David trying to wear Saul's armor thank you for a sling-shot personalized experience that hits the target and slays the giant. 
Sorry if this may sound strange trust that your spirit won't think so.
God bless you with all that you need now, ever and forever.
Will keep praying and looking for a good report ....
Joy cometh ....

Grace, mercy, peace.

Love and prayers,
Ginger

Copy/paste post from:The ASSURANCE of Salvation (part two)
1/26/2014, 01:21 AM

Candice posted Yesterday, 08:47 PM
-

`
Candice, praying for you, your son and your husband. Psalm 91 came to mind and other Scriptures. Still asking for God's protection over you and your son. Will pray and think of Jesus being our Great High Priest ever living to make intercession .... Somehow had something come over me like I do at times about my daughter and will pray accordingly for you... Praying with a 'Momma' heart.... asking for Holy Spirit .... Scripturepary/Prayscripture..... "Spiritual Re-parenting" .... reframing: Holy Spirit Parenting....moment by moment.... birthing, nurturing, growing, sustaining, ....completion.... not leaning to my own understanding.... going to Psalm 91 and see what the Lord wants to minister....know I don't know but GOD KNOWS ..........

Edited by Ginger, 26 January 2014 - 01:10 AM.

• Candice likes this

#3 Kenny

Kenny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study, Bicycling, Christian Fellowship, I love reading A.W. Tozer and listening to Alistair Begg. Favorite book other than the Bible is Pilgrims Progress.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:36 PM

praying

praying

finished praying

• Candice likes this

#4 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:38 PM

Candice, no one is "destined" to kill themselves. If that were true, God would not have commanded us to choose life (Deut. 30:19). I feel very strongly that you need to do spiritual warfare for your son (if you haven't been doing so already). While you may not be able to "save" your son (only God can do that) or control his actions, you can take authority over the enemy and his wicked schemes for your son. As you pray for your son, declare life, joy and peace over him (out loud but not in his presence). Rebuke any spirit of suicide the enemy may have assigned against him. There are times when I am praying for people and I will say, "In the name of Jesus, I say that Satan can't have them!" You need to do that for your son. Tell Satan he can't have him. Cast out any evil spirits that may be attacking your son's mind. Plead the blood of Jesus on your son's mind and emotions, declaring that he has the mind of Christ and takes every thought captive to make it obedient to Christ (this is "calling those things that are not as though they are" (Romans 4:17). 

To understand more about your authority as a believer, I urge you to read the following books:

"God's Creative Power," by Charles Capps (it's actually a booklet)

"The Authority of the Believer," by John MacMillan (a pioneer C&MA missionary)

"Authority in Prayer: Praying with Power and Purpose," by Dutch Sheets (my old pastor)

Reading these books literally changed my life (among other things, I was miraculously healed of chronic pain when I applied the biblical principles taught in those books to my prayer life).

Finally, please know that I am standing with you in prayer!

Love,

Julie, your sister in Christ