Looking up to you

...looking up to you...
I’m looking up to... you...!

From bended knees,
From my painful pleas...
...I’m looking up to you...
( ...looking up to you... )

Take me into the waters,
Make me believe in something stronger...
Take me into the waters,
Make me believe in something better...

And remove me from the pain I’ve been drowning in,
Remove me from my sin...
Cause I need a new life to begin...

I’m broken and bare...
Stranding in the middle of nowhere...
...looking up to you...
I’m looking up to... you...!

So take me...
Take me into the waters...
Clean me...
And make me...believe is something stronger,
Something better...
And remove me...from the pain I’ve been drowning in,
From my sin...

Cause I come before you...
On bended knees...
My painful pleas
Broken and bare...!
I’m stranding in the middle of nowhere!
( ...of nowhere... )
And ...I’m looking up to you...
Oh... Oh...
...I’m look
ing up to you...!

Written by: Christopher310 ~ January 22nd, 2013

#2 Ginger

Ginger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:07 PM

Thank you for sharing your piece.  God understands and cares and comforts, sometimes we hurt for a while and some hurts seem to last a long, long time.... it's hard for us to comprehend the Scripture about a day with the Lord being as a Thousand years... wonder of wonders we shall see .... and He sees us and even took and takes on our pain... we come to Him and He never rejects us.... He purifies us and He never leaves us... may we look up and be lifted up by Him and know Him faith by faith grace by grace ... till we see the glory of His majesty and see Him face to face eternally.... Grace to you .... tender mercies may you see... may His peace calm troubling thoughts and sooth your soul.....

Mar_4:39 And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.

#3 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:20 AM

This is a beautiful song/poem you wrote Christopher.

God is faithful and as you abide in Him in Christ moment to moment, this season will move to another as He controls you by His Spirit

#4 CHRISTOPHER310

CHRISTOPHER310

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:53 PM

This might be turned into a song at my church. I shared it today with some close friends, one who happens to be a singer. I got a lot of positive feed back and encouraged to share it with the pastor of arts and music at my church as a song. I have done just that and will see where it goes. This was actually written based on me and where I am at.

I also have taken a leave from my volunteering duties and attendance at church. I am so overwhelmed my so much and being pulled into to many directions on one time. I feel like I can not breath anymore so I have taken a huge step back. Hoping it will help me to regroup and find a healthier place in life. Sad kind of cause there is this slightly older woman ( a close friend ) that I like who likes me. We keep things strickly open at church only so I may not see her for a wee bit. There goes another crack in my fractued heart. Oh well...

#5 Charles Miles

Charles Miles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Interests:Medicine
    Fruits of the spirit
    Learning more about the Kingdom of God and how to live in it here on earth
  • I am a Layperson

• First Presbyterian Church EPC

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:26 AM

Christopher,

I read your last post here and my heart is filled to ask why you "step back" from worship services.  I can see how our lives do become cluttered and confusing at times, but then we all know who the "father of confusion" really is.  I certainly do not know your situation but I`ll bet I understand where you are.  Some of us have been where you are, and the place is uncomfortable....to say the least.  The Lord loves you more than you can ever imagine......more than any of us can ever imagine, so I ask only that you reconsider stepping back from worship sevices even for a while.  I do understand trying to clear one`s head a bit, but that never happened to me by staying alone for long periods.  Maybe ask that lady you like, who likes you, to meet and talk a bit.  This, of course, is just a suggestion from a man who went through a period of emotional trauma recently who did find a very nice lady in church who can relate, discuss, and someone to "bounce" thoughts off of.  I read the post, re-read the post, decided not to comment, then decided if there was any way I might help someone avoid a rough time, then I would comment.  If I am out of line, just tell me becuse nothing else will be coming from me on this topic and even this comment was difficult to write down, but it just oozed out of my heart in love.

Praise God because He is who He is,

Charlie

#6 Kenny

Kenny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study, Bicycling, Christian Fellowship, I love reading A.W. Tozer and listening to Alistair Begg. Favorite book other than the Bible is Pilgrims Progress.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:32 PM

In order to hear God's voice turn off the worlds volume.

Even Jesus got away from the crowds and noise for a time in order that He might spend quality time alone with His Father to pray and hear from Him.

Jesus needed quiet time. Maybe we need to follow His lead every now and then. 

If Jesus needed to spend regular time alone with His Heavenly Father, how much more do we need to?