christ007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:34 PM

Romans 12:2 (ESV)
2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect

I would like asking for people to pray with me about God's will for my life. I do not know what to do. I am told that I am to quiet and shy for many thing like the ministry. I love to preach and teach God's Word. I am also told that I can not do something because I am a special education student like become a teacher.  I am tried. I have a BA. 

#2 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:56 PM

I am praying that God will make His will clear to you. Also, please know that there is nothing wrong with being quiet and shy. As someone who is also quiet and shy, I can assure you these qualities will not stop you from having an effective ministry. The gifts of the Spirit are not hindered by our personality type, and God can use someone who has a quiet, gentle spirit to make people feel at ease. Keep in mind that there are many soft-spoken pastors who are excellent preachers. In fact, my own pastor is an introvert, and he is one of the best preachers I've ever listened to. Continue to seek God's will for your life, and don't let other people's opinions limit your ideas about how God can use you in ministry.