• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:17 AM

Today's Tozer Devotional:

Christian believers have another privilege. We have seen that we have a moral right to come to God—into His presence. We are accepted by Him because of Christ Jesus. But we also have the right to hide in God and be safe. That, too, is our privilege because Jesus, our great High Priest, perfectly represents us at God’s right hand. When we are united to Christ, no one can take this right and privilege away from us. We are safe! We are safe!

Someone was quoted as saying, "I do not want to hide from life. I want to face up to life every day." Knowing the nature of humankind, I would call such talk bold and brave.

When the winter temperature is 50 degrees below zero, it is brave, bold talk to say, "I do not want to hide from the cold. I want to face it, whether I have the proper clothing or not!" When we face the abrasive storms of life, it is ridiculous to say, "I do not want a hiding place. I will face the storms."

What we are hiding from is not life. We are hiding from a sinful world, from a sinister devil, from vicious temptation. We are hiding in the only place there is to hide—in God. It is our right and our privilege to know the perfect safety He has promised.

Scripture: In the shelter of your presence you hide them from the intrigues of men; in your dwelling you keep them safe from accusing tongues. Psalm 31:20

Thought: God is our hiding place. In Him we find refuge and shelter from the world's influence, our sinful nature and Satan our enemy. Let's practice hiding in Him!

Prayer: O God, You are my refuge. In the shelter of Your presence I hide.

I try to pray and sit and be still and the anxiety is so overwhelming.  Not a mind of worry or a specific thought.  Just a concern over the salvation of my son and this terrible feeling of dread.

I took a medication for seizures given by the doctor to reduce anxiety.  It caused a aseptic meningitis of sorts which caused crushing headaches and neck pain and stiffness and a flu-like illness.  There's just no way the LORD will let me die without Him, but He will allow suffering in order to keep me (us?) fleeing to Him who is the only safety.  It is a thorn in the flesh?

• chipped china likes this