• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Kenny

Kenny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study, Bicycling, Christian Fellowship, I love reading A.W. Tozer and listening to Alistair Begg. Favorite book other than the Bible is Pilgrims Progress.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:45 AM

Seeing how we are currently in the Advent season, here is a short article which I composed which group together a few of my personal thoughts concerning the two Advents or appearings of our Lord Jesus Christ

1 Tim.1:15 in describing the purpose of Jesus first advent (or coming) says; "Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners."

This co-incides with the words in a popular song we have all heard. "I wonder as I wander out under the sky. How Jesus, the Savior, did come for to die. To save lowly sinners, like you and like I."

Speaking of both advents of our Lord Jesus, Heb. 9:28 says; "Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time."

Speaking of his second advent ( or coming), Jesus said in John 14:3. "I WILL COME AGAIN,

And again in Acts 1:11 we read; "This SAME Jesus who is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

If we truly believe that Jesus will come again. Then it would behoove us to take heed to the words of Matthew Ch.24:44 it says "BE...READY; (Be ready is the key word) for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh" And in Mat 25:10 "the bridegroom (Jesus Christ) came, and they that WERE READY WENT IN with him to the marriage, AND THE DOOR WAS SHUT. Rev. 19:7 says: "the marriage of the Lamb is come and his wife (which is the bride or church of the faithful) hath made herself READY."

Luke 13:24,25,27 Jesus said; Strive to enter in at the strait gate; for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath SHUT THE DOOR, and ye begin to stand outside, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not from where you are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

So, as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be when Christ returns. When Noah and his family were safely aboard the ark. (THE DOOR WAS SHUT) Genesis 7:16 says: "the Lord shut them in." Noah was shut in the ark which was a type of Christ.

John 10:9 says; That Today in this age, Jesus is the DOOR by which we enter, and are saved. In Noah's time only those that were IN THE ARK were saved. Today, only those that are IN CHRIST shall be saved. Enter into Jesus OUR DOOR before it becomes shut and all hope for you is lost.

And now, my little children, abide in him; that, if he shall be manifested, we may have boldness, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.  1 John 2:28

• Kevin Blankenship and chipped china like this