Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • The Bridge

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:36 PM

Where is Mr. Kevin Blankenship?i miss hearing from him....let's all pray we hear how he and his dear mother are,thank you ahead of time :unsure:

• Kevin Blankenship and Ginger like this
Jesus and Jesus alone saves=D

#2 Kevin Blankenship

Kevin Blankenship

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:27 AM

Here I be. Sometimes just lurking and reading.  Merry Christmas!!!!

• elizabethcog and Ginger like this

#3 elizabethcog

elizabethcog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• The Bridge

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:47 AM

Oh,good and Merry Christmas to you and your Mother too!And Merry Christmas to all :)

• Kevin Blankenship likes this
Jesus and Jesus alone saves=D

#4 Kevin Blankenship

Kevin Blankenship

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:13 PM

You are a precious Sister!!!!! Merry Christmas to you and yours too!!!!!!!!!  Seems I must have said something that ruffled some feathers.  Ruffling feathers NEVER is my intention.  When I add a post to a thread, it is simply my way of adding something to the conversation.  Kind of a cyber-fellowship type thing. But going by the drastic decrease in forum members who have stopped clicking on the LIKE button on my posts.......I have this strange feeling that I have been insensitive to someone. If that is the case.....then I apologize for it from the bottom of my heart.  Or....I might just be being paranoid.

• elizabethcog, Charles Miles and Ginger like this

#5 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:16 PM

You are a precious Sister!!!!! Merry Christmas to you and yours too!!!!!!!!!  Seems I must have said something that ruffled some feathers.  Ruffling feathers NEVER is my intention.  When I add a post to a thread, it is simply my way of adding something to the conversation.  Kind of a cyber-fellowship type thing. But going by the drastic decrease in forum members who have stopped clicking on the LIKE button on my posts.......I have this strange feeling that I have been insensitive to someone. If that is the case.....then I apologize for it from the bottom of my heart.  Or....I might just be being paranoid.

Kevin
You are hilarious!!! I am glad you are here. I don't use the LIKE function on most posts and when I do, the function limits me to a preset number I suppose. You are a brother-friend here to me. If I press that button, it's not the usual for me

Merry Christmas to all

Love
Candice
  • Kevin Blankenship and Ginger like this

#6 Charles Miles

Charles Miles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Interests:Medicine
    Fruits of the spirit
    Learning more about the Kingdom of God and how to live in it here on earth
  • I am a Layperson

• First Presbyterian Church EPC

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:03 AM

Kevin,

I, for one, enjoy your posts and have not seen anything that should have offended anyone.  At this time of year there are a lot of things going on that require more time, so maybe some posters just read.  I know I have been trying to practice to sing in our church Christmas program and believe me....it takes time for me!  It`s a bit scary since I`m not much of a vocalist, but I was asked a few times and now here we go again.  Singing praises at home when alone is one of the ways I worship but doing it in front of the church is a bit nerve racking.  Realizing that I am singing to my King, just like at home, is the only way I can do it. I do think the Lord asks us to step out into areas that are uncomfortable sometimes;  areas that require more that we alone can do, or think we can do, just to show us that in some areas where we feel(and are) inadequate, He is where our focus should be.  All of us are inadequate but He is not! All of us are unworthy, but He is not!  In Him we are made worthy and righteous and there is no other way.

Merry Christmas to all here, whether you are posting or not.  May God bless all of you and He will, because He said He would,

Charlie

• Kevin Blankenship, Candice, elizabethcog and 2 others like this

#7 Ginger

Ginger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:11 AM

Read each post and mostly down to praying and giving thanks.  Today's posts God is using to help me to pray and be aware of what comes out as I have  written personal things.  Seems I was needing to write and be real about some feelings that came out in writing... Charlie's posts have been exceptionally used by our LORD this glorious (snowy) day.... Praying for Julie's left eye and the rest of her too... appreciating each poster posting... Kevin's posts I know I've done the like thing on and always like to read what he has to say.  Kevin thank you for posting!!!! God bless you in all areas of life and living.  O brother Charlie, tears and gratitude ... you've affirmed what it is to have peace and not to worry.... I do chuckle about some personal situations now... O the situations are the same and my thoughts are lining up differently....

All of the people here who post, read, and are not posting... God's gracious tender mercies to each person in all situations.  A blessed and merry Christmas to the glory of God and for each person...

Love and prayers,

Ginger

PS: ... going to read out loud ...Psalm 139; Isaiah 53; Romans 8.....asking that I may have a prayerful focus ....

Please God and thank you ...

• Kevin Blankenship, Candice and elizabethcog like this

#8 Kevin Blankenship

Kevin Blankenship

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:57 AM

Brothers and Sisters in Christ........thank you for your kindnesses....SO MUCH.  My mother, as of last night and really, for the last week or so.....has declined cognitively.  She regularly looks at me now with that look in her eye like:  "Who are you????!!!!!!"   That is heart rending.  I am in the proces of modifying my care-giving technique to acclimate to this "new thing" that has come along.  Oh.......y'all......I need SO MUCH prayer.  I mean....it's not at all stressful to be here. I have my books and Bibles, and even ACORN TV (British television....but I must censor each show).  I enjoy Downton Abby. 

But PLEASE let me say this:  I have almost finished reading Pastor Prince's book  The Power of Right Believing and he is actually just rewording...or re-stressing.....what the late greats have been preaching!!!!!  I am just not seeing any of tha Prosperity Word of Faith stuff. He must have saw the error in much of it.   He is strictly focusing on a relationship with Jesus based on Biblical truth.  I would now recommend it anyone who is stuck in a "performance based"  walk with God.   I read this book with a constant watch for error of any kind,  Any kind of BLESS ME stuff. It was absent of any profit motive.  He does preach that healing is provided for in the atonement....as I believe.   I use to be the first one to look up TV preachers on that Website "Let us reason". In fact, I had it book marked.  Someone suggested that I buy the book entitled Faith that Moves Mountains which is a compilation of many late great men and women of the faith.   It is a great book. I am consuming it today and digesting it. Please pray that Christ be formed in me. I want Jesus to have the NUMBER ONE priority in my life. Easier said than done for me,  But I simply MUST have a revelation of God's wonderful love for me. For many recent weeks, I have felt that God was just disappointed in me. The Prince book address this and has been evry instrumental in making me see how much I am loved by God....warts and all.    I love each of you.  I will see you some day....either in heaven.....or here in earth. It will be a warm moment,   We all are developing a history togther,  I really think that we should have a rendezvous in the spring Iif I can find an decent person to stay overnite with momma.    Merry Christmas to my special family.   I love you guys and gals.

• Candice, elizabethcog, Charles Miles and 2 others like this

#9 Kenny

Kenny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study, Bicycling, Christian Fellowship, I love reading A.W. Tozer and listening to Alistair Begg. Favorite book other than the Bible is Pilgrims Progress.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:57 PM

Kevin

Just ignore the number of times someone clicks the like button for your posts.

One on God's side is a majority

Blessings brother

Kenny

• Kevin Blankenship and Candice like this

#10 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:36 PM

Kevin,

I agree with Kenny.  With respect to the "LIKE" votes:  FORGET ABOUT IT!!  (in a strong New York accent which is the only effective way to say this)!!

Love,

Candice

• Kenny likes this

#11 radar

radar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:Retired Navy and disabled veteran. Love studying the Word of God. Read Spurgeon, Rylism, Stedman, Hoekstra, Tozer, Meyer, and Morrison devotionals, sometimes Chambers. Study free online: Ichthys, Gotquestionsorg, SermonAudio, Christian Classic Ethereal Library among others. Like to ocean pier fish as my hobby.
  • I am a Layperson

• HIs Laboring Few Fellowship Thomasville NC

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:03 PM

Just wanted to stop by and say "Hi" Kevin. Prayed for you and your mother.

Shalom.

radar

• Kevin Blankenship likes this

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven."

#12 Kevin Blankenship

Kevin Blankenship

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:23 PM

Thanks Radar!!!! And thanks to all my sisters and brothers here!!!!!   Guess what!!!!! I just PROVED to everyone that I am a hypocrite!!!!!  (laughing at myself)  I had the gall to talk about folks not pushing the LIKE button on my posts......and there have been many posts, on this VERY THREAD!!......by loving brothers and sisters.......and I failed to push the LIKE button!!!!!!  LOL.......I mean,......it's funny because I got caught red-handed!!!!!  I have alot of faults......but I am learning to laugh at myself instead of condemning myself  (I save the condemning for others, evidently.......but I'll do better)

I just love y'all amazingly!!!!! Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!  

• elizabethcog and radar like this

#13 radar

radar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:Retired Navy and disabled veteran. Love studying the Word of God. Read Spurgeon, Rylism, Stedman, Hoekstra, Tozer, Meyer, and Morrison devotionals, sometimes Chambers. Study free online: Ichthys, Gotquestionsorg, SermonAudio, Christian Classic Ethereal Library among others. Like to ocean pier fish as my hobby.
  • I am a Layperson

• HIs Laboring Few Fellowship Thomasville NC

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:32 PM

Right back atcha there Kevin! I sometimes wonder when I have run to my daily limits of likes what others must be thinking when I can't like their posts....I wish the moderators could fix that, I mean, how can you put a limit on "likes"

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven."