• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Interests:Humor, Writing, Counseling, Bible Study,Discipling and Revival
  • I am a Pastor

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Webbs Mills Free Baptist Church

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:22 AM

If the Apostle Paul came to our home to visit for a month or dropped in on many of our prayer meetings, what would he say to us? Where can we find zealous prayer (prayer that has become heated to the boiling point)? "....The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." (From James 5:16). Are there Christians to be found that still are "fervent in spirit" (See Romans 12:11). How many of us can say from the heart, "O how I love Thy law! It is my meditation all the day" (Psalm 119:97)? Have our daily duties and our pre-occupation with the things of the world smothered the flames which once burned brightly? Are we left with dead ashes on a rusty altar? When was the last time we hurt over lost men and women? Do our hearts ache over the Laodicean spirit that has come to characterize too much of the church today? Have we given up the battle, content to settle into a stupor of expecting little and succumbing to hopelessness? Can God find a single glowing coal that He can fan into a flame of fervor? Are you, am I, willing to seek God for revival and spiritual awakening with the attitude that Jacob expressed in Genesis 32:26? He said, "....I will not let Thee go, except Thou bless me." if so, we may yet see a visitation of God's convicting, cleansing and converting in our day! Selah! Let the fire fall!  Thinker  (Ron)

• Marc D DeCoste, elizabethcog, radar and 2 others like this

#2 Kenny

Kenny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study, Bicycling, Christian Fellowship, I love reading A.W. Tozer and listening to Alistair Begg. Favorite book other than the Bible is Pilgrims Progress.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:38 AM

Jesus asked -  Nevertheless, when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? Luke 18:8

Well what say you?

Jesus says - As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. Matt. 24:37

So how many were saved in the days of Noah?

Eight souls were saved - no more

If the Lord's return will be just as it was in the days of Noah, then should we expect the Lord to find much faith when He returns?

#3 Charles Miles

Charles Miles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Interests:Medicine
    Fruits of the spirit
    Learning more about the Kingdom of God and how to live in it here on earth
  • I am a Layperson

• First Presbyterian Church EPC

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:28 AM

Noah`s story is interesting isn`t it? The bible states that he was a righteous man and "Noah walked with God". The story doesn`t really discuss Noah`s wife, sons, or their wives as far as their relationship with God was concerned, just Noah. If Noah was the only righteous man, then God saved him and 7 others who were not righteous....maybe due to Noah`s relationship with God. Just thinking out loud here, but maybe our relationship with the Lord is a much more powerful thing than we can imagine. I`m certainly not saying that our own personal relationship with God can be somehow transferred to others for salvation, but it does seem that God`s relationship with Noah was what saved the other 7 people in that story. Just wondering what that means to us, today, every day, our prayer life, and our influence upon others.

In Christ`s love,

Charlie

#4 Kenny

Kenny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study, Bicycling, Christian Fellowship, I love reading A.W. Tozer and listening to Alistair Begg. Favorite book other than the Bible is Pilgrims Progress.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:08 PM

Noah`s story is interesting isn`t it? The bible states that he was a righteous man and "Noah walked with God". The story doesn`t really discuss Noah`s wife, sons, or their wives as far as their relationship with God was concerned, just Noah. If Noah was the only righteous man, then God saved him and 7 others who were not righteous....maybe due to Noah`s relationship with God. Just thinking out loud here, but maybe our relationship with the Lord is a much more powerful thing than we can imagine. I`m certainly not saying that our own personal relationship with God can be somehow transferred to others for salvation, but it does seem that God`s relationship with Noah was what saved the other 7 people in that story. Just wondering what that means to us, today, every day, our prayer life, and our influence upon others.

In Christ`s love,

Charlie

It does appear that Noah's son Shem was a Godly man who lived a long life and through Shem's off-spring the Messiah was born

#5 Kevin Blankenship

Kevin Blankenship

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:55 AM

And along came Ham......

#6 Charles Miles

Charles Miles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Interests:Medicine
    Fruits of the spirit
    Learning more about the Kingdom of God and how to live in it here on earth
  • I am a Layperson

• First Presbyterian Church EPC

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:09 AM

Yes, along came Ham. Kinda what I was thinking about in my post. Even if we accept that Shem was a Godly man(and there seems to be no statement in the Bible about that, either way), then we can look at the remainder of Noah`s family. If Noah was the only righteous man on earth, and we know that only God can impart righteousness, then the rest of the family was....unrighteous? I certainly don`t know if they were or not, but for the sake of discussion let`s say they were not. The fact that they were saved from the flood in an ark designed by God certainly speaks as a lesson to both the righteous and unrighteous in our world. I would have to say that Noah and his family were certainly "elected" by God to carry on for man on the earth, and I guess that could speak to predestination. I think what this story tells me, at least in this aspect, is that we need to seek God and his righteousness with all our might and not simply wait to see if we might be "elected" to get on an ark with someone who IS righteous. Each of us has the chance to recieve God`s righteousness through Christ and we should, by all means, take advantage of it.
Just a passing thought on what seems to be a lesson here, for me at least.

In Christ,

Charlie

#7 Travis Richey

Travis Richey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• Granbury Church of the Nazarene

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:31 PM

if we use the New Testament teaching that the followers of Christ are "the light of the world", and follow that thought into this discussion, I would think that one person does cast a circle of light around them.  It might be a small circle, and we could debate its brightness, but one thing for certain...within that circle of light is no darkness, and one point of light can be seen for a long way in darkness.  So perhaps Noah's circle of light (influence) included his family, as does ours.  And light adds to light.  I'm thinking of those times in stadiums or concert halls where everyone held up their lighters or other light sources...it started out a point of light here and there, and as others added their light, it grew and grew in brightness and effect.  As Christians gather together in fellowship and worship, our lights are added/multiplied and our influence expanded.  I've heard a missionary talk about those first inroads into countries filled with demon worshipping religions, and how dark it seemed there during the nights, and how fear prevailed.  But as the Gospel of Christ had its effect, and there came to be more points of light throughout the land, there was a lessening of the fear and darkness of the nights that even non-Christians noticed and commented on.  There is darkness, and there is light, and there is no in-between....darkness is the absence of light...the absence of Christ.

• Charles Miles likes this

#8 Glenn Rogero

Glenn Rogero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:49 PM

x

#9 Kevin Blankenship

Kevin Blankenship

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:21 AM

This is a very interesting topic. Ya know......Noah's family is not the only Old Testament player (notable figure) that I have wondered about their eternal destiny.  But God is SO WISE....and HIS judgements are SO CORRECT that we can be sure that HE will get it right and people will end up where they ought to...(or maybe WANT to......)  since it is all about surrendering my personal will to the will of God Almighty!!!!!! 

• Thinker and radar like this

#10 Glenn Rogero

Glenn Rogero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:28 AM

x