• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Interests:Humor, Writing, Counseling, Bible Study,Discipling and Revival
  • I am a Pastor

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Webbs Mills Free Baptist Church

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

Faith (trust, confidence) is primarily for this life. II Corinthians 5:7 points out that "....we walk by faith, not by sight." Hebrews 11:1 describes faith as "....the evidence of things not seen." I Corinthians 13:8 tells of the time to come. "For now we see through a glass darkly; but then face to face...." At that point, we'll walk by sight. In the meantime, God has chosen trust (faith) as the means of our salvation. "For by grace are ye saved through faith...." (From Ephesians 2:8). Faith is the also the basis of our Christian life. Romans 1:17 alludes to this. It tells us that the Gospel enables the just (the saved person) to live by faith. In Romans 10:17, God even tells us how to receive faith and how it can be strengthened. "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God." Hebrews 11:6 warns, "But without faith it is impossible to please Him (God)...." "Cast not away therefore your confidence (trust, faith), which hath great recompence of reward" (Hebrews 10;35). This is final faith! It will not stop trusting 'till faith gives way to sight. Selah! God, by His very nature, is absolutely trustworthy! Not to trust Him is to insult Him.   Thinker  (Ron)

• elizabethcog likes this