Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • The Bridge

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:20 PM

This is a poem I wrote some ways past,as I read it now(in a much different brighter season)I find it a little hard to accept that I wrote from such a dark sad place.If knowing others share this suffering and being a tool God might have me share this to show the darkness passes and Jesus is still there,always....His word tells it and I will live it I pray.......The sadness wouldn't be disguised anymore,the pretense of okay couldnot be held.She walked around engulfed in pain and torture of unknown source and unending torment.The sorrow was really starting to show in her empty stare and forgetful mind-her willingness to try was flowing away like the tide....God will not leave-even her,God wants good-even for her,God hears her cry-even her cry. what this difficult time helped me learn now I see is that feelings change and come and go and my joy I can't base on anything like that but I must keep my eyes on Jesus.The scars do heal,no not go away but are made less and God will send help.So now I seek and pray to help others on the way.The kindness we can show in a word, a smile,a nod, listening are the gifts God gives us to show our love for Him of course and others.1John 4:19 We love because He first loved us. Never underestimate what your love and caring might be for those He brings to you.
  • Kevin Blankenship, radar and Ginger like this
Jesus and Jesus alone saves=D

#2 Kevin Blankenship

Kevin Blankenship

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:27 AM

Thank you for sharing that poem Elizabeth.  I can appreciate the "pathos".  (You poem has provoked the following thoughts):  I am going to apply this to....(none other.....lol) than ME!  But here it is:  "10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death."  

I have often wondered, when reading that verse of scripture, just exactly what constitutes "Godly sorrow" and what constitutes "worldly sorrow". 

Here is my thought on the matter:  Godly sorrow.......is a particular Grace that is given us from God that causes us to be very sad when we see how blind unbelievers are to the Gospel Light. Jesus wept when he looked at Jerusalem and mused on the many times that He had wanted to hold her (Jerusalem):  "Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing." 

There is a lesson to be learned here. The people of Jerusalem's UNWILLINGNESS to be gathered togther by God, has made God sorrowful. Their WILLINGNESS!!!  Am I WILLING?.....to be truly gathered together with God's people in humble submission to His Will?   If not....it saddens our God.

Thnak you for sharing your poem Elizabeth....it has been very instrumental in giving me a subject for my devotions today.

• elizabethcog and Ginger like this

#3 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

Elizabeth,

This is a beautiful poem, and I can appreciate what you wrote.  Thank you for the reminder that we have seasons just as Solomon wrote  "... for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work." and "A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance."  Ecc. 3

Thank you for sharing Elizabeth. Blessings to you.

Candice

• elizabethcog and Ginger like this