• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kenny

Kenny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study, Bicycling, Christian Fellowship, I love reading A.W. Tozer and listening to Alistair Begg. Favorite book other than the Bible is Pilgrims Progress.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:32 AM

Do you hear God speaking to you both individually and personally? Is God leading, guiding, and instructing you? 

What is God speaking to you today?

While sitting in Church today and listening to my Pastor deliver his message, I sensed God speaking to me personally. This is what God spoke to my spirit during the Pastors message.

God by His Holy Spirit, said (not in an audible voice, but within my inner being),Kenny, I want you to begin your mornings by reading Col. 3:1-6. The Holy Spirit indicated to me, that by starting out my day in that portion of Scripture, that it would help guide me on the straight and narrow path which leads to life. 

Now please permit me to post what Col. 3:1-6 says

3:1 If then ye were raised together with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated on the right hand of God. 3:2 Set your mind on the things that are above, not on the things that are upon the earth. 3:3 For ye died, and your life is hid with Christ in God. 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall be manifested, then shall ye also with him be manifested in glory. 3:5 Put to death therefore your members which are upon the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry; 3:6 for which things' sake cometh the wrath of God upon the sons of disobedience (NASB)

In other words, by starting out my day focused on the fact that I have been raised to newness of life in Christ, I need to take my eyes off of things of this world which is passing away. I am to seek things that are above. Things heavenly. Secondly I am to put to death or crucify the flesh which is contrary to life in the Spirit. The words "Put to death" is in command form and is speaking of a continuous on-going process, in which I am being transformed more and more into the likeness of Christ. I am to remember that I am not perfect but am being made more perfect each day that I keep my focus on the things above. I must yield and surrender to God and let Him be my guide.  At least that's part of what I got from the Scripture which God laid upon my heart this morning.

Now, if I may, please permit me to ask you; How is God speaking to you lately?

• Ginger likes this

#2 Ginger

Ginger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:20 PM

Do you hear God speaking to you both individually and personally? Is God leading, guiding, and instructing you? 

What is God speaking to you today?

Now, if I may, please permit me to ask you; How is God speaking to you lately?

No matter how I feel or what I think God is more than enough.  God is Good all the time.  No matter how much I fail, or for that matter no matter what I may succeed in accomplishing, whatever is accomplished in me or by me is only by God's tender mercies and HIs grace.  I am reminded that my work is only to believe; to not judge myself; to only believe God loves me and that I am HIs workmanship.  I am God's workmanship?   Yes, Ginger, you are my workmanship.  1Co 4:5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.  For now I'm to 'focus on' ".... judge nothing before the time... and then read the rest of the verse and just thank God for being my loving Father, who corrects me as he deems best, and loves me all the time ... and the opinions that come from me about me I am to talk to Him about and I this day begins with: woke up a few minutes ago and just don't feel good.  Praying is not changing me I need to be sincere and do something to help be in or get into God will.  Lord Jesus what do I need to do to do what I need to do?

Well the phone rang and God was more than enough, even when I don't just 'get up and do it now'  The 'it' being more than I can do or choosing to come to the computer to see what is posted and writing this batch of words.

I think of Kevin and all of you who post and give thinks... was blessed to read post in another place too. 

Now I am just glad to be alive and trust that God is at work in me to will and to do of His good pleasure and this is more than enough for this current moment. 

Moving toward getting ready to go get gas in the car and go where God wants me to go in just one wee thing to be there for a loved one...

Moment by moment God's tender mercies and grace are more than enough.

Grace and peace,

Ginger

• Lori Smith likes this