• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:10 PM

This prayer request is sent from a missionary friend who runs an orphanage/school in rural India.  Please pray as you are led:

"Let me tell you about Isaac. Isaac is very unhealthy boy. When he was brought to us he was about 5 years old but his weight was only 10.5 kg (23 lbs.). He suffered from night blindness, anemia. When he was just a month old his mother deserted him. His father was working in a private tea garden as a labor for daily wages. When his father goes for work everyday Isaac was left by the dusty road-side with his elder sister to play in dusts. He was not given proper food. He ate dust and sleep on the road. His father returns by evening he cooks food and does all the house hold works, by that time ( sometimes) Isaac sleeps without food. Now Isaac is very unhealthy. He doesn't talk much or play. Very often he suffers from loose motion. Last Sunday he was seriously ill. We hospitalized him. Doctor told that his right-side kidney is not well. They are also suspecting him to be suffering from TB. Humanly, some times I doubt his life. Please pray for his health."

Thank You,
Churchill & Kalpana.

Together Churchill and I spent most of the day getting Isa admitted and running checks and providing the necessary needs to admit him. Getting admitted into the hospital is much different here than it is in the US. We must provide everything. There must be someone who can stay fulltime, 24 hrs. a day with Isa. He needs food and his medicines have to be purchased and brought to him by us personally. It's the same all over India. Anyway, with a little guy like Isa, he is totally dependent upon us for his life.  As Churchill has mentioned we are praying that Isa will reach the age of 6.  He is a very precious little guy. His eyes are full of seriousness and sadness. He doesn't smile and is very lethargic. He's a boy like any other. When he is well he laughs and plays and though he is not very physically active (due to weakness and malnutrition); he still likes to play. Lord willing we can continue to play a role in bringing this little guy to good health and strength. Lord willing he will receive Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior. For now at least he knows someone loves him and cares. Dr. Koshy and others at the hospital will shower him their best abilities and God's grace will be demonstrated to Isa through them and to us through their efforts. The rest is in God's hands. Will you plead with the Lord for mercy and grace on behalf of Isa? I know you will, Thank you and God bless you!

P.S. I just spoke with Churchill the results on TB came back negative. PTL! Later on today a surgeon will look at his kidney and decide what to do next. God bless you all!
  In Jesus' name,
   CB 

#2 Lori Smith

Lori Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:51 AM

Lord Jesus,

Please help Isa come to a saving knowledge of you . Yes Lord, You love is like no other and can bring hope and a will to live. Dear Jesus please provide everything this little boy needs. Thank You so much for loving us Lord and caring for us. In Your name Jesus, I pray. Amen
  • Andrew/Esther Schaeffer and Ginger like this
In The Pursuit of God, A. W. Tozer writes, "Jesus taught that He wrought His works by always keeping His inward eyes upon His Father. His power lay in His continuous look at God (John 5:19-21)."

#3 Ginger

Ginger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:36 PM

Agreeing with Lori's prayer and will continue to pray for all Isa need to be met  

• Lori Smith likes this

#4 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:24 AM

Praying!