• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Interests:Humor, Writing, Counseling, Bible Study,Discipling and Revival
  • I am a Pastor

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Webbs Mills Free Baptist Church

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:35 AM

"Let go; let God!" is a statement that has frequently been made to a seeker who has responded to an invitation given in a church service, or at an evangelistic crusade, and who "went forward." The idea is that we are to let go of our sinning and let go of our resistance to receiving Jesus, as Savior and Lord. I'd like to suggest how this might apply to one who has turned from a life of sin and has been saved; born again. Those who are truly converted, must let go of their right to be in charge of their lives and let God, through His Word, guide and control their lives. They must let go of excuses and rationalizations and base their living on the sound principles of Scripture. They must let go of emotional impulses and let God develop Spiritual discipline in their lives. This means that applying Godly standards "trumps" responding emotionally to fleshly thinking and desires. We must let go of our ideas that originate from our own hearts and let God renew our minds from the Bible. We must learn to let go of friends that lead and influence us toward an ungodly lifestyle and let God develop a Christ-centered and holy lifestyle that will honor Him and bless us and others. Paul, in Romans 12:1-2, shares the "bottom line" in the matter of letting go and letting God. He wrote, under inspiration, "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service and be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." Selah!  Abundant living starts when we let go and flourishes as we let God. Thinker   (Ron)

• Lori Smith, elizabethcog, radar and 1 other like this

#2 Kenny

Kenny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study, Bicycling, Christian Fellowship, I love reading A.W. Tozer and listening to Alistair Begg. Favorite book other than the Bible is Pilgrims Progress.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:29 AM

All I can say is AMEN

• Lori Smith and Thinker like this

#3 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:33 PM

Amen  to obedience!

• Lori Smith and Thinker like this