• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:16 PM

I heard a radio update on Saeed Abedini, the Iranian pastor who was visiting and working on an orphanage in Iran and was put into prison. The treatment has been harsh with much abuse---beating on his feet, for instance---and still he will NOT renounce his faith in Christ. The pain has been so intense that Saeed is fainting when he stands up. He has other internal injuries also. His family in Boise, Idaho are understandably, very upset and miss him more than words can say. Please pray fervently for this man and his family as you are lead.

Lord I beg you to give Pastor Abedini supernatural pain relief and strength to more than withstand all of the physical abuse. Give Him such faith as to move the mountains and to be light and salt to many. Comfort His family with supernatural, physical comfort and joy in Your Holy Spirit. Lead others to hear and see You in all Pastor Abedini says and does. Let Pastor Abedini see You and Your throne to give him a gift of Your presence. Just like prophets of old.
  • Julie Daube, Lori Smith and Ginger like this

#2 Lori Smith

Lori Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:13 PM

Candice,

I've been following the news about this pastor for some time. I've prayed for him often. Thank you for posting about him here so many can pray for his release.

Blessings,
Lori
In The Pursuit of God, A. W. Tozer writes, "Jesus taught that He wrought His works by always keeping His inward eyes upon His Father. His power lay in His continuous look at God (John 5:19-21)."

#3 Ginger

Ginger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:48 PM

Thank you for posting.

O Lord Jesus help us to pray fervently for this brother and please grant him relief and healing that only you can minister. Please help his family the suffering and pain you've known... grant what is needed and please protect and minister by your Spirit may your glory be revealed. LORD we do pray for your blessedness .... Your glory, Your freedom, Your Presence, Your protection...Please grant Your Salvation to spring up .... wells of living water...where sin has abounded may manifold graces abound more ...O Lord God Almighty only YOU are GOD and only YOU work all things together for good to those that love you and are called according to your purpose. Your will be done for Your glory... please and thank you ... You never leave us nor forsake us ... O Lord Jesus, you ever live to make intercession.... sustain..... heal.... override all that has come and comes against Saeed Abedini and his family working it together for their good and for Your glory, in Your name, Lord Jesus, the Christ of God our blessed redeemer. Amen.
  • Lori Smith likes this