• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 matthewrkelly1

matthewrkelly1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:38 PM

I'm new here. I'm trying to transfer from the wesleyan church denomination. I'm a little lost. I went to a CMA school (simpson university in California) for a Pastoral studies degree. I want to be a pastor. Any help with some direction on how to get plugged in would be awesome. Thanks guys.
  • Julie Daube likes this

#2 Thinker

Thinker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Interests:Humor, Writing, Counseling, Bible Study,Discipling and Revival
  • I am a Pastor

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Webbs Mills Free Baptist Church

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:54 PM

Welcome aboard! Incidentally, my granddaughter just graduated from Simpson. Thinker (Ron)
  • Julie Daube and Lori Smith like this

#3 radar

radar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:Retired Navy and disabled veteran. Love studying the Word of God. Read Spurgeon, Rylism, Stedman, Hoekstra, Tozer, Meyer, and Morrison devotionals, sometimes Chambers. Study free online: Ichthys, Gotquestionsorg, SermonAudio, Christian Classic Ethereal Library among others. Like to ocean pier fish as my hobby.
  • I am a Layperson

• HIs Laboring Few Fellowship Thomasville NC

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:23 AM

Glad to see you. The only help I can give you is to ask that God leads you to His will for your life. Maybe some others here can help you with more specific information. Awesome to see that you have found your calling and gift as a Pastor. I was brought up in the Wesleyan denomination but found my calling in a non denominational setting. But we are all for Jesus! :D
  • Julie Daube, Lori Smith and elizabethcog like this

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven."

#4 Kevin Blankenship

Kevin Blankenship

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:13 AM

There should be someone here who can anwer your questions. I cannot. But once your question get answered, stick around . We'd be glad to have ya.
  • Julie Daube, Lori Smith and radar like this

#5 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:19 AM

Welcome, Matthew! I work at the C&MA National Ofice in Communications, so I will try to get you started. First, you may want to check out our ministries page for an overview of what we do: http://www.cmalliance.org/ministries/

Since you are interested in being a pastor, you also might want to check out our U.S. ministries page. Additionally, you can search on this page for an Alliance church in your area (see "Locate a Church" on the right).

http://www.cmallianc...es/local-church

And here is the place to go to find out how to prepare for service with The Alliance:

http://www.cmalliance.org/serve/
  • Lori Smith and radar like this

#6 Guest_Marvin Harrell_*

Guest_Marvin Harrell_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:41 AM

I'm new here. I'm trying to transfer from the wesleyan church denomination. I'm a little lost. I went to a CMA school (simpson university in California) for a Pastoral studies degree. I want to be a pastor. Any help with some direction on how to get plugged in would be awesome. Thanks guys.

Julie was right. The best way to begin connecting is http://www.cmalliance.org/serve/ and from there to hit "next steps" which is a preliminary questionnaire providing some basic answers to see how to advise you. Also, you can look at the bottom of that page for the list of openings for qualified candidates. Let us know how that works out!