• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Speilb

Speilb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:One of my great driving passions is that I might know Christ! I love His Holiness and desire to try it on in my life. I love His Greatness and Power and therefore I also am learning to love my weakness, smallness, and need. I love His Glory and desire that he should gift me with the experience he gave to Isaiah in the 6th chapter. I believe that God Himself is the centerpiece of a True Biblical Faith and not man. I despise the things of man and I despise my own flesh. I see that Jesus made no attempt to save the sinner's flesh, but instead gave us the opportunity to crucify it. I see worldly people as Nehemiah saw Jerusalem with its walls (created for the Honor and Glory of God but in desperate need of being re-made) and so I love God's work of restoring. I am broken over the condition of the world and desire that God uses me as Nehemiah (whose name means "The Lord Comforts") to comfort me by using me to rebuild and reestablish those in ruins.
    I love seeing God in things like genetics, nature, and in the created order of things. I love my family and have a wonderful wife and two kids.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Burning Heart Christian Fellowship

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:34 AM

I was looking for resources online of Tozer's sermon's by text. It is much easier for me to read Tozer then listen to him. As Tozer said he wasn't one of those guys who could read the phonebook and have people mesmorized; the only way he could draw a crowd was by having God draw people to Himself rather then to Tozer. I am specifically looking for the texts from his 1 Peter Sermon series. I seem to remember more of his sermon's being online. If anyone knows where I could find these, it would be a great blessing to me.

#2 Jen Rohde

Jen Rohde

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • I am a National Office Worker

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:09 AM

Greetings from the Archives!

Many of Tozer's books are compilations of his sermons. My personal favorite is a two volume collection titled, Tozer Speaks. It contains 128 of his sermons in text! I have attached two links to online stores where you may purchase books by Tozer (and A. B. Simpson). If you would like further assistance, please feel welcome to contact the C&MA National Archives at: archives@cmalliance.org . Thank you for your interest!

http://www.christian..._search=1&cms=1

http://www.echurchde...ex/?p=3&q=Tozer

#3 Diana Poling

Diana Poling

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:57 AM

One of the best investments I've made is the Tozer Electronic Library. It has so many of his and A.B. Simpson's books and it's searchable. I've included a link to where it can be purchased below. In my opinion it's totally worth the $40. I also have the hardbacks of the Tozer Speaks mentioned above and love those as well. http://www.christian...=WW&view=covers

As a side note, I would disagree with Tozer....I like listening to him. But it is nice to be able to have things printed. I don't know for sure if all of the sermons that are online at the C&MA site are included in his books somewhere. I've often thought the same thing, that it would be nice to have them transcribed. I've tried to type up notes on some of them that I've listened to. But I often find myself thinking, "I know I heard Tozer say something about (fill in the blank), but I don't know which sermon it was in." One specific one I've been trying to remember recently is where he used an analogy about eagles trying to catch sheep from the river and their claws froze into the sheep and they were drug over the falls along with the sheep to their death.

#4 Lori Smith

Lori Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:37 AM

I have the Tozer Speaks, and I love them.
In The Pursuit of God, A. W. Tozer writes, "Jesus taught that He wrought His works by always keeping His inward eyes upon His Father. His power lay in His continuous look at God (John 5:19-21)."

#5 Speilb

Speilb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:One of my great driving passions is that I might know Christ! I love His Holiness and desire to try it on in my life. I love His Greatness and Power and therefore I also am learning to love my weakness, smallness, and need. I love His Glory and desire that he should gift me with the experience he gave to Isaiah in the 6th chapter. I believe that God Himself is the centerpiece of a True Biblical Faith and not man. I despise the things of man and I despise my own flesh. I see that Jesus made no attempt to save the sinner's flesh, but instead gave us the opportunity to crucify it. I see worldly people as Nehemiah saw Jerusalem with its walls (created for the Honor and Glory of God but in desperate need of being re-made) and so I love God's work of restoring. I am broken over the condition of the world and desire that God uses me as Nehemiah (whose name means "The Lord Comforts") to comfort me by using me to rebuild and reestablish those in ruins.
    I love seeing God in things like genetics, nature, and in the created order of things. I love my family and have a wonderful wife and two kids.
  • I am a Layperson

• Burning Heart Christian Fellowship

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:42 AM

Thanks for the replys. I have looked into various resources including the electronic librairy and "Tozer Speaks" but to my knowledge there is not a complete text of his 1 Peter Series in either of these. Maybe I will just have to go with the audio or at least some of the audio sermons. I tend to Listen to John MacArthur, Allister Begg, David Wilkerson, or something else I find on sermonaudio for my audio sermons while I run on the treadmill because they are very understandable and have good recordings. But we just got a elliptical machine (a very quiet one) and now maybe I will be able to listen well enough to keep with Tozer. Thanks again for the replys.

#6 Kevin Blankenship

Kevin Blankenship

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:36 PM

Wow, I have been reading one of the Tozer Speaks volumes today. Weird. In a good way.

#7 Ginger

Ginger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:25 AM

Just found this available

This product is an electronic addition to your WORDsearch 10, Quickverse10, or WORDsearch Basic program. This is not a physical book or a stand-alone program.
Get WORDsearch Basic for free.

Tozer Speaks is in the list of books included

This collection includes 50 Tozer volumes - 4 Devotionals, 2 Biographies, 29 Books on Christian Living, 11 Sermon Helps, and 4 Sermon Illustration Works.

A. W. Tozer Bundle
https://www.wordsear.../products/20732

#8 Lori Smith

Lori Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:15 AM

Ginger,

That Tozer Bundle looks awesome! It's something to place on my wish list! :)
In The Pursuit of God, A. W. Tozer writes, "Jesus taught that He wrought His works by always keeping His inward eyes upon His Father. His power lay in His continuous look at God (John 5:19-21)."