• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Interests:Missions, Africa, Cleveland and Ohio Sports
  • I am a Missionary

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Northview Alliance Church, Wooster, Ohio

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:24 AM

Joe and Maria Howard write: As we have been meeting the Pastors of the district and spending time in their churches we have learned the churches are doing a good job of reaching other Samo but are doing very little to reach the resistant peoples in their area. So in order to mobilize the believers we are going to be having 3 seminars in the 3 major departments of our Province. Beginning on Monday, May 21st in Tougan we will have a two day missions seminar where the 20 churches of the department are invited to attend. Each church is to send their Board of Elders, the Women’s and Youth Committees as well as their pastor. The theme of our conference is: “As the Father has sent me, so I am sending you.” Then Friday the 24th and Saturday the 25th we will be in the Kassoum Department for the second conference. The final one will be held in the Toeni Department on Monday and Tuesday the 27th and 28th of May.
http://youtu.be/LTZb-7fuvoM

So would you pray with us for these seminars?
Pray that Spirit would move the right people to come and participate
Pray for open ears and hearts to hear and to do what it is the Spirit leads us to do
Pray for safety in travels for all the participants
Pray for a smooth running of all the practical details
Pray for wisdom for Maria and I as we teach and lead the interaction in the 7 proposed sessions
Pray for clarity of speech as we speak and for those who will do the translating into Jula and/or San
Pray for the empowering of the Spirit in all our lives to take that which we learn and put into practice for the advancement of Christ’s Kingdom
Pray for Christ alone to be exalted in these conferences
  • Dick Lawson, David Manske, Paul Keidel and 1 other like this

#2 Kenny

Kenny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study, Bicycling, Christian Fellowship, I love reading A.W. Tozer and listening to Alistair Begg. Favorite book other than the Bible is Pilgrims Progress.
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:48 PM

Praying for the moving of God's Spirit in the hearts of people and that the message would penetrate hearts in order that people may be translated out of the kingdom of darkness into His marvelous light for His glory.

Grace and peace.

#3 Paul Keidel

Paul Keidel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:56 AM

Good job! PTL. I passed it on to three pastors who came to see Howards in Mali when they were still living on the Niger.
  • Andrew/Esther Schaeffer likes this

#4 Dick Lawson

Dick Lawson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Expansion of the Kingdom, reading, photograpy, world events and the Detroit Redwings.
  • I am a Retired Alliance Worker

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:47 PM

I met the Howards in February, traveled with them in Mali and Burkina Faso, and think the world of them. I thank our Lord for giving them the insight to understand the needs of their new area of service and the ability to plan a program to help meet those needs. I praise our Lord as He supplies them with the necessary wisdom, insight, communication abilities, and stamina!
  • Andrew/Esther Schaeffer likes this

#5 David Manske

David Manske

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • I am a National Office Worker

• Parkside Church

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

Thx for the video! We'll get people to stand with you in prayer for your missions event.

We're also passing it along to the churches where Joe & Maria will be visiting this fall in the North Central District. Thanks for coming to Minnesota!