• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Interests:Missions, Africa, Cleveland and Ohio Sports
  • I am a Missionary

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Northview Alliance Church, Wooster, Ohio

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:02 AM

Pray for the women at our Bible Schools.
She didn’t have the courage to come and talk to me herself. Maybe it was the nature of the problem or maybe the rift that lies between teacher and student, adult and child, rich and poor. She went instead to her friend, who went to the teacher, and the teacher came to me. This woman at our Bible School has a huge problem. Her difficulty comes from a traditional practice of mutilating young girls with the thought they will stay faithful to their husbands. Sometimes, when I hear the stories, such anger overtakes me, as I see this enemy of ours for what he is. Satan has always hated women and the focus of so many of his attacks and injustices has been towards them. And, like all of our enemies work, it has brought nothing but difficulty. These marriages know nothing except fighting as the wife refuses to have her husband come near her because of the pain. This becomes especially critical for those who are hoping to serve the Lord in full time ministry. They cannot take a second wife, they cannot have the fighting in their home, they cannot have the pastor leaving himself vulnerable to temptation. What can they do? The situation is desperate, but Jesus. Just as Jesus healed the woman who had an issue for twelve years, He is able to heal even these women who turn to Him in faith. Pray that we, as Alliance workers, would be instruments of healing and encouragement for our Bible School women. Pray that as you join us in prayer and believe together in faith for these marriages, Jesus will say to each of them, “Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace. You have been healed.”