• PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

SIMPSON DEVOTIONAL

Days of Heaven on Earth

Monday, January 21, 2013
An important help in the life of prayer is the habit of bringing everything to God, moment by moment, as it comes to us in life. This may become a habit the same way all habits are formed: repeated and constantly attended, moment by moment, until that which is at first an act of will becomes spontaneous and second nature.
If we will watch our lives, we shall find that God meets the things that we commit to Him in prayer with special blessing. He often allows the best things that we have not committed to Him to be ineffectual, simply to remind us of our dependence upon Him for everything. It is very gracious and thoughtful of God to compel us gently to remember Him. He would hold us so close to Himself that we cannot get away for a single minute from His all-sustaining arm. In every thing . . . let your requests be made known unto God (Philippians 4:6).

Let us bring our least petitions,
Like the incense beaten small,
All our cares, complaints, conditions
Jesus loves to bear them all.

Scripture
Pray without ceasing—1 Thessalonians 5:17

Most of the time, prayer for me is just an internal dialog between me and God. As different choices and circumstances pop up, I will just ask God, what do you think about "this" or what do you think about "that". At times I will just start asking Him questions about the things that are going on in my life and before long He will begin to guide my thoughts or use the things around me to bring about the answers that I need. There are times where I feel led to get alone and pray about a certain thing, but most of the time it is that internal dialogue and that process of continually seeking Him and His direction. It seems that there is a certain dependance and a certain humility that can come along with "praying without ceasing". We start to bring God more into the moments of our lives and into the little things, and not just let God be part of the big issues of our lives.