Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • The Bridge

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

I was reading another post by someone who has greatly helped me on this narrow path we walk,see he may or may not realize what a friend what a hand up he has been as I seek just Jesus really.It is I who was lost and running and hiding and manipulating and stratigizing and proudly proclaiming my freedom as I simply worshipped others and mostly self. God was there the whole time calling my name but I couldnot, because of me denying my need for him, hear him. Why and how he gave me a ear to hear I will never get but that is fine because All that matters is what Jesus did and does and I believe him and his mighty word,and when Jesus says my sins are forgiven by him and blood of Jesus makes this possible, I choose to believe of my own will which Jesus gave me in the first place,now to show my love and gratitude for what he does for ANY who accept his free gift of eternal life which begins the second you claim it I seek him continually and seek to love others, and when my feeble attempts fail as He knows they will I am still loved and forgiven,God won't let me get lost or blind again He is God He is not lost and never was or will be,see he really doesn't even need me i think but yet He loves me (us)ALL enough to die a bloody battered beaten death......Victory in Jesus death has no sting Jesus has overcome and He walks this path with me and shows me others to either encourage or be encouraged by. I love Jesus and all his people 'cause he knows stuff I don't and He knows where we are even before we are, thanks brother and all the many folks who pray and share together here,peace and love in Christ :)
Jesus and Jesus alone saves=D

#2 Gordy

Gordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Ensley Alliance Church, Pensacola FL

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

This reminds me of a saying that goes: If you feel like God is a million miles away--who moved? In my case I moved. God is still there!
  • cenzic likes this

#3 Jay Turner

Jay Turner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

This reminds me of a saying that goes: If you feel like God is a million miles away--who moved? In my case I moved. God is still there!

No, He is right there next to you. You are just looking in the wrong direction. :)