• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Interests:Humor, Writing, Counseling, Bible Study,Discipling and Revival
  • I am a Pastor

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Webbs Mills Free Baptist Church

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:28 AM

Imagine viewing a Temple that looks good on the outside. You decide to enter. You step inside and to your astonishment, it is dirty and cluttered. Would you enjoy living and working there? Not likely! Neither does God. God will have His temples clean on the inside and outside. I'm sure God would impress upon the one responsible for the condition the need for changes. "....therefore glorify God.... in your spirit...." (From I Corinthians 6:20). When we receive Jesus as Savior and Lord, we are made Spiritually alive. Nevertheless, there is a lot of junk left over from the previous administration that must be removed. Immoral thoughts need to be purged with the cleansing power of God's Word. A foul and profane tongue must give way to speech that is God-honoring and wholesome. Our old way of thinking and living has to be shed and replaced with God's values and principles. Our thoughts must be filled with His thoughts from Scripture and we must begin to respond to life from God's point of view. In our Spiritual renewal, there will develop love for God and others, gratitude, praise, worship and purity. All of this is part and parcel of what the Bible terms sanctification. Paul taught under inspiration in Romans 12:2, that we are to be being transformed by the renewing of our minds. We might clean the inside of our houses in a day or two. When it comes to cleaning God's temples on earth, it takes a lifetime to get rid of what has accumulated since birth. However, from the moment of Spiritual rebirth, we can experience daily progress and see marked improvement day by day. Selah! This can only be accomplished by faithful study and application of God's Word and by believing prayer and dependence on the Holy Spirit. Thinker (Ron)