• 537 posts
  • Interests:Medicine
    Fruits of the spirit
    Learning more about the Kingdom of God and how to live in it here on earth
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • First Presbyterian Church EPC

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

As many of you know, My wife of 39 years passed away in Aug 2011. Last Christmas was a blur due to just plain shock and numbness. This year my 2 sons and their new wives are returning home for the first Christmas here since their mom`s death. I ask for prayer for my family in this period of reuniting. I have changed, they have changed, and what all this means...I don`t know. My relationship with the Lord has changed(for the better) and my perspective on all the events of the last year and a half are settled with the Lord. I pray that theirs has also. Please pray that my family sees all this change as a chance for growth and turning to God for healing.
Thank all of you for listening for the past several months...now I need supernatural intervention from my Father in heaven.

Praise God for His love, grace, and patience,

Charlie
  • elizabethcog likes this

#2 Lori Smith

Lori Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:36 PM

Brother,

Praying for all of you. May you all sense the depths of His love and comfort.

Lori
In The Pursuit of God, A. W. Tozer writes, "Jesus taught that He wrought His works by always keeping His inward eyes upon His Father. His power lay in His continuous look at God (John 5:19-21)."

#3 chipped china

chipped china

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:Knowing Jesus and our heritage. Showing Christ though me. Being a member of the Body. I enjoy nature and animals.
  • I am a Layperson

• Bible studies from New Life Assembly

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

Charlie,

When I read this I got a little vision of the grace God will give you and you're family. I have no idea what the dynamics are like but I believe the healing and Light of the Lord will be with you. His Spirit certainly lives in you. Rest in Him, betsy

#4 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

Praying in agreement with you, Charlie!