• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:01 AM

Yesterday, I couldn't get off my mind something that AW Tozer said in an online sermon I listened to months ago...not in context, but he said "You are leaking [the HOLY SPIRIT].

I want to go through my podcasts and find the exact sermon. But, what can this exactly mean and is it so? Can you leak the HOLY SPIRIT? You can be filled or empty, but can you leak?

This one was still on my mind when I woke up this morning.

Any clear thoughts?

#2 Jay Turner

Jay Turner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:11 AM

Doing a quick internet search, I did find this reference. Hopefully this will give you a little context...

#3 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

Thanks Jay for this. I just couldn't find it on a google search when I did it. It is a good word to remember.

#4 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:30 AM

I've heard the term in a similar context when John Soper, former VP for Church Ministries in the U.S. C&MA, preached on the in-filling of the Holy Spirit. He said that we have to pray reguarly (daily?) for the filling of the Holy Spirit, "because we leak." I assumed he meant that while we can be filled, it's possible to become unfilled (i.e., to leak) if we aren't consistently yeilding ourselves to the Spirit.
  • chipped china likes this