Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • The Bridge

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:35 AM

Enter through the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the road is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who go through it. How narrow is the gate and difficult the road that leads to life, and few find it. My reading today,and this leaves me pondering my heart and praying to God that I be on that narrow road,I know I falter and stall and detour and look for shortcuts and time after time Jesus leads me back and loves me....see im thinking this being saved was real easy because I had nothing to do with it...God did all of it but staying on that narrow path now I have to choose that all day every day and know that when I fail( and I will) I am still His,I am still saved by his grace and I am commanded to show this same love and mercy to others and to tell of Jesus great love.I cannot seperate what I do with from what I believe.Faith transforms my conduct as well as my thoughts as I grow in Jesus,and this is my prayer for all of us ,peace and love in Christ,elizabeth :)
  • Charles Miles and chipped china like this
Jesus and Jesus alone saves=D

#2 Kevin Blankenship

Kevin Blankenship

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:10 AM

Elizabeth, this scripture has long been a motivator for me. And the statement that you made: : I cannot separate what I do, for what i believe." This statement really sliced right through the layers of my hypocrisy (play-acting like I'm a Christian) I have REALLY been praying ALOT lately that my name is in the Lamb's Book of Life....and that it would be nice to have an assurance. It's so terribly hard to break away from Perfomance-based theology. which is nothing more than trying to obtain God's favor by keeping the works of the Law. But It's not easy. And while my reply may not seem to be in line with your original post........fo me, it is. Thank you for a great post.
  • elizabethcog likes this

#3 elizabethcog

elizabethcog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• The Bridge

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:49 PM

I think you reply is right in line friend :)
Jesus and Jesus alone saves=D