• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Interests:Missions, Africa, Cleveland and Ohio Sports
  • I am a Missionary

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Northview Alliance Church, Wooster, Ohio

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:48 PM

She was crying on the phone when she called to tell me her niece had died. She was still crying when I showed up a few minutes later in the dimly lit courtyard. But what surprised me was that she seemed to be the only one shedding tears. The mother of the young woman who had died, was in her usual spot, talking with friends, and when I gave my condolences, she shrugged her shoulders and said, "Ala sago", God's will. She then proceeded to make a joke about my friend and give directions for the lights being put up in the yard. Benches were also being brought in and there would be dancing all night. But my friend was crying. She seemed to be the only one. She also is the only one in that huge extended family that is a Christian. As a Christian, she understands what this death means. While her niece was still alive there was hope. There was still time for that young woman to put her trust in the only one who could save her, who could assure that she would rest in peace. My friend could not say, "Ala sago" because she has read the Bible and knows that God is not willing that any should perish. And so, there she was, alone in her sorrow. Being the only Christian in the family is a lonely and difficult thing. Making the decision to follow Christ when the rest of your family is all part of another religion, almost always means you will be made fun of, shunned, blamed for problems, and ignored. But who understands the sorrow of one who knows the truth of God's Word and sees a family member die without putting their trust in Christ? How many others are the only ones crying or praying or trying to make a difference in their families? Join me in praying for these that are carrying the burden of their family, that they would remain strong, and that the Lord would honor their tears by bringing others in their family to salvation in Christ. The Bible assures us that one day everlasting joy will be hers, but for now, she cries alone.

#2 Lori Smith

Lori Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:50 PM

I join you in praying for her. I am also grateful that she is not completely alone, for she has you. God bless you for being there. You can cry with her and bring her tears from the heart of God. I pray that God will also use her tears to bring some of her family to Him. Grace and blessings to you.

Lori
In The Pursuit of God, A. W. Tozer writes, "Jesus taught that He wrought His works by always keeping His inward eyes upon His Father. His power lay in His continuous look at God (John 5:19-21)."

#3 chipped china

chipped china

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:Knowing Jesus and our heritage. Showing Christ though me. Being a member of the Body. I enjoy nature and animals.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Bible studies from New Life Assembly

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:55 PM

My prayers also to our merciful God that He will give your neice comfort and faith.