• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Interests:Humor, Writing, Counseling, Bible Study,Discipling and Revival
  • I am a Pastor

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Webbs Mills Free Baptist Church

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:23 AM

No one has a destiny or a destination that remotely compares with a true child of God. In fact, both the destiny and the destination of unsaved people are polar opposites. Those of us who are born again have a future that is so glorious that it is impossible to describe it adequately. Consider John 3:2 and Philippians 3:20-21: "Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is." "For our conversation is in Heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto His glorious body, according to the working whereby He is able even to subdue all things unto Himself." Let me extract two marvelous Truths to consider from these verses. First, "we shall be like Him." We can't begin to know all that that involves. However, it certainly includes our having sinless character, thoughts, values, emotions and desires. Never again will we sin or want to sin. Wow!! Second, our bodies can and will, "....be fashioned like unto His glorious body." Whatever that may include, it will be a body untouched by sin. It will reflect the beauty of holiness. It will be filled with God's Person and will be a perfect instrument of worship. Again, wow!! (Do you suppose that it might include the nail prints as a reminder of the love that He has lavished upon us - who knows)? Selah! Think on the awful fate awaiting those who have rejected Him. Then think on what they have missed by their rejection. Tomorrow, Lord willing, I'd like for you to think with me on our first realizations as we begin enjoying Heaven. Won't you make it a point to drop by? Ron
  • Charles Miles and ldrays3 like this

#2 Lori Smith

Lori Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

Amen Thinker-Ron. I long to see Him, and I've told Him that once that happens I hope that I don't ever have to take my eyes off of Him again!

Blessings,
Lori
In The Pursuit of God, A. W. Tozer writes, "Jesus taught that He wrought His works by always keeping His inward eyes upon His Father. His power lay in His continuous look at God (John 5:19-21)."

#3 Thinker

Thinker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Interests:Humor, Writing, Counseling, Bible Study,Discipling and Revival
  • I am a Pastor

• Webbs Mills Free Baptist Church

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:53 PM

Lori, Right on! What a moment that will be!