Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • The Bridge

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:54 PM

I was due my evaluation at work recently, I always try and honor God my highest supervisor and respect the authority above me. I am a department supervisor myself so i have also given the same evaluations I am now being given. I am not really worried about anything really and all is going very well as I expected when suddenly out of no where I am like told( kinda) not really told but like I just know all the words she is going to say next......I feel insulted and angry and wronged all at once but instantly I feel at peace because I recognance that somehow??????? God gave me these next words to soften the blow, ease the hurt and heal my ego and i am instantly able to forgive her ALL BEFORE SHE ACTUALLY SPOKE OUT LOUD! Then she spoke the words I already heard in my heart or head? that my long hair gets a little wild and unruly looking at times and she doesn't much care for it. How on earth could I have known what she was going to say?I cannot understand this but I am not even going to try because I don't think it was of this earth,I will just be thankful to God who made me and saved me and is still saving me for him and his glory like he does for all of those who know and love and seek him, It is just beyond any understanding Has anyone ever had such a thing happen and any words or thoughts I would be interested to hear. Love in Christ,Elizabeth
  • chipped china likes this
Jesus and Jesus alone saves=D

#2 elizabethcog

elizabethcog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• The Bridge

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:47 AM

After much prayer and thought and being in God's word I believe that in a wayof sorts by God giving me a spirit of compassion and love for others that I somehow sensed my supervisors unwillingness in this area and once she made a comment about my new "hairstyle" ......so God of course gets the glory as it is all his anyway and again he gets the glory for directing and guiding my path to understand that which seems to have no understanding,peace in Christ,Elizabeth
Jesus and Jesus alone saves=D

#3 Lori Smith

Lori Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:03 PM

Elizabeth,

I just want to say that I am so sorry that this lady hurt your heart. Obviously God tried to spare you the brunt of her words by sharing what she would say ahead of time. Indeed, it let you know that HE was WITH you, and He counts the very hairs upon your head. I pray that you rest in His grace when the world becomes harsh. I also pray that your supervisor will sense His love in you.

Grace and blessings,
Lori
  • elizabethcog likes this
In The Pursuit of God, A. W. Tozer writes, "Jesus taught that He wrought His works by always keeping His inward eyes upon His Father. His power lay in His continuous look at God (John 5:19-21)."

#4 chipped china

chipped china

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:Knowing Jesus and our heritage. Showing Christ though me. Being a member of the Body. I enjoy nature and animals.
  • I am a Layperson

• Bible studies from New Life Assembly

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:01 AM

Elizabeth,

My first reaction to this was to smile and say, you go girl... I love your hair without even seeing it! Isn't it wonderful the Lord was there to hold you up. The true riches of a woman is her tender and strong spirit. Count this as a blessing that you are being refined and know your worth comes from God not the world.
  • Lori Smith and elizabethcog like this