Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • The Bridge

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:44 PM

Wonderful conversation at work,God opening previously shut tight doors, talking about judging others and churches and praying God's will for where he would have us to gather to worship Him.......Who among us can look at anyone and feel better than? None are saved by any of our own doing anyway so no room for boasting.....I have been asked how can you so easily forgive all the wrongs done to you? Are you kidding,I have to answer with all the wrongs I have done and thought and Jesus still found me worthy to call His.......I have no choice but out of love and gratitude for God to forgive much as I have been forgiven beyond anything this world and me can understand......I'd be joyful to come to church with post-its of all my sins all over me for all to see if it would help others see Christ and know that they are just as forgiven if they will only claim what God alone offers them. At work we were all laughing at the devil and his trappings and telling him we know how this ends and Jesus wins man!!!!!! Such a wonderful time of fellowship around a little table for twenty minutes where God got every bit of the glory!!!!!I just had to share :)
  • Julie Daube likes this
Jesus and Jesus alone saves=D

#2 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

Elizabeth,
That's beautiful and very rare in a work environment. AMEN!
  • Julie Daube likes this

#3 Guest_Marvin Harrell_*

Guest_Marvin Harrell_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:16 AM

So very happy to hear God moving at your workplace! Thanks so much for letting us know and I'll be praying.

I had a similar situation at a previous job where the owner divorced her husband and moved in with her same gender lover. They are both dear friends of mine...and they knew that I loved Jesus. My friend told me of how she was going to the funeral of an aunt and uncle and that her family was very conservative. She asked my opinion about how her family would respond with, "they think my life is sinful. I guess it is...but I've never been happier. what do you think?" and I had the joy of asking her:

1) do you really want to have this conversation right now?
2) yes it is, but we are all sinners!
3) Here is how I've sinned.

God was there in the midst of that conversation (all 10 or so minutes of it)...and they knew I loved them, Jesus loves and died for us all, and we went on with our day. Who knows what God has in store with short conversations of truth!

So God bless you, Elizabeth...keep up the kingdom work!