• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Interests:Missions, Africa, Cleveland and Ohio Sports
  • I am a Missionary

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Northview Alliance Church, Wooster, Ohio

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:36 AM

A large extended family of eleven people had to flee their village when a dispute arose and they were implicated. Several people were killed and this family left with only the clothes on their backs. Interestingly enough, they went to their relative who is an Alliance pastor. Just newly having finished Bible school training, this pastor was placed in a small village with an even smaller group of believers. Suddenly, his two room house is overflowing and the refugees will almost double the size of his congregation! The one church leader has begun to look for a more permanent housing solution and some fields that they can farm. Pray that this difficult situation will result in the salvation of all these eleven that have arrived. More people are rumored to be on the way to join them. Pray that the pastor will have wisdom in dealing with this situation. Pray for this small church, that they would be generous in helping this family.
  • elizabethcog and chipped china like this

#2 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:06 PM

Praying in agreement with you!

#3 Gordy

Gordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Ensley Alliance Church, Pensacola FL

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:20 PM

praying
gordy

#4 Lori Smith

Lori Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:50 PM

Praying.
In The Pursuit of God, A. W. Tozer writes, "Jesus taught that He wrought His works by always keeping His inward eyes upon His Father. His power lay in His continuous look at God (John 5:19-21)."