For Extended prayer ministry in our church

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 warriorwatchman

warriorwatchman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Prayer, teaching, preaching, counseling, writing, sports, parenting and grand-parenting
  • I am a Retired Alliance Worker

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Berean Baptist Burnsville MN

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:41 PM

At present I am on the prayer team and also in Stephen Ministry at our church. But I am approaching leadership to see if the prayer ministry may be enhanced through greater participation of those who attend. Pray this may come about. If you would like to discuss your thoughts on how you have seen this come about in your church, let me know. You can receive details on this by emailing me: watchmenoftheking@yahoo.com ( Robert Overstreet )
  • Cindy Carroll likes this

#2 Guest_Marvin Harrell_*

Guest_Marvin Harrell_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:21 AM

Hi Bob. I will indeed join you in this prayer. Any work of God will begin with prayer and the wind of His Spirit will stir the souls of those He has already called to this service. Even the apostles and followers of Jesus were in a prayer meeting in Acts 1 when Acts 2 came on the scene...

#3 Cindy Carroll

Cindy Carroll

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • I am a Official Worker

• I attend an Alliance church

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:14 PM

I think that this is something we all need to refocus on--prayer has always been one of the hallmarks of the C&MA, but it seems to be ignored lately in our American C&MA churches. Let's continue to promote corporate prayer. Jesus said, "Apart from Me, you can do nothing."