#1 Cindy Carroll

Cindy Carroll

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • I am a Official Worker

• I attend an Alliance church

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:25 AM

Please pray for the twelve C&MA churches in the Greater Houston Area on Saturday, February 4, 2012 for a "Day of Prayer." There are four Vietnamese, two Hispanic, one Chinese, one International--mostly Filipino, and four English-speaking churches in and surrounding Houston, the fourth-largest city in the U.S. I plan to post a few specific requests tomorrow, February 1st.

#2 Joan Phillips

Joan Phillips

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• Harvest Downtown

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:33 PM

Cindy, Can you give me addresses of the two English-speaking churches. I know people in the NE side of Houston looking for a church.

#3 Cindy Carroll

Cindy Carroll

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • I am a Official Worker

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:31 PM

Please pray for the twelve C&MA churches in the Greater Houston Area on Saturday, February 4, 2012 for a "Day of Prayer." There are four Vietnamese, two Hispanic, one Chinese, one International--mostly Filipino, and four English-speaking churches in and surrounding Houston, the fourth-largest city in the U.S. I plan to post a few specific requests tomorrow, February 1st.

I was a little late on posting the prayer requests for our "Day of Prayer" today, but I will add them now (copied below and sent as attachment)Attached File  Prayer requests for Day of Prayer on Feb. 4, 2012.docx   15.6KB   0 downloads:
PRAYER REQUESTS
C&MA GREATER HOUSTON AREA
“DAY OF PRAYER”
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 4, 2012

1. Parkway Fellowship (Houston)--located in West Houston

a. Pray for the Sunday School staff and leadership.

b. Pray that the congregation will follow the leadership's new vision document.

c. Pray that the God will bless and direct the leadership's discipleship efforts.

d. Pray for future co-ordination of the GHX (Greater Houston Area Multiplication Center).

e. Praise that we have hired a new Children's Ministry Director.

f. Praise that this is Parkway's 75th year of ministry.

2. Alliance Bible Church (Baytown)--located in East Houston

a. Pray for the Pastor Search: ABC has been without a pastor, or pastoral staff of any kind, for over seven months. Volunteers have been leading and doing all of the work of the church, and there is a paid secretary, but it has not been easy.

b. Pray for the visit and interviews of a pastoral candidate in February; and pray that God would guide ABC and guide this man and his family, if this is God’s perfect plan.

3. Sienna Family Fellowship (Missouri City)--located in Southwest Houston

a. Pray for the launch of the capital campaign.

b. Pray for the beginning of our journey as an accredited church.

4. Alliance International Church of South Houston (Pearland)--located in Southeast Houston

a. Praise God for the recent installation of a new pastor, Jun Vencer.

b. Pray for a suitable meeting place. They are currently meeting at the Comfort Suites in Pearland.

5. iMMERGENT (Houston)--located in downtown Houston

a. Pray for this unique congregation which meets on Saturday night.

b. Pray for Rollyvic Tira as he pastors this congregation.

6. Northwest Vietnamese Alliance Church (8350 Highway 6 North, Houston)--located in Northwest Houston.

a. Pray for the installation of pastor MS Tho on Sunday, February 25, 2012.

b. Praise God that this is the one-year anniversary of this church plant.

Also, please pray for the following C&MA congregations located in the Greater Houston area:

7. Trinity Fellowship—Chinese Alliance Church (Houston)

8. Iglesia ACyM—Hispanic (Houston)

9. Iglesia El Sembrador—Hispanic (Pasadena)

10. Vietnamese First Alliance (Houston—Boone Road)

11. Vietnamese Alliance Church (Houston—Old Walters Road)

12. Vietnamese Living Word Evangelical Church (Houston—Sam Houston Parkway)

13. Vietnamese Southwest Houston Alliance (Sugar Land

#4 Cindy Carroll

Cindy Carroll

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • I am a Official Worker

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:35 PM

Cindy, Can you give me addresses of the two English-speaking churches. I know people in the NE side of Houston looking for a church.

Hi, Joan!
There really isn't a C&MA church in NE Houston. Can you tell me the address of your friend there? The closest one may possibly be Baytown, where I attend. 302 W. Cedar Bayou-Lynchburg Road, Baytown, TX. Have your friend give me a call at 409-599-8565 or email me at cindy.a.w.carroll@gmail.com. Baytown may be a bit of a stretch for them, but it is the only one on East side.