• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:58 PM

Several months ago I requested prayer for my sister-in-law, Lori, who suspected she had ovarian cancer. All the biopsies came back negative; praise God! However, she desperately needs prayer for inner healing and deliverance. Recently, she confided in her mom that she has serious emotional, mental, and spiritual problems that have caused her to become extremely anti-social, to the point that she can't stand being around most people, including almost all the members of her family. As a result, Lori has decided not to attend her mother's 80th birthday party in November because she doesn't want to see her siblings or even her little nephew. She said she feels this way because her family members all have horrible character flaws that she just can't get past. Lori claims to be a Christian, yet ironically, the only person in her family she can tolerate is her grown daughter, who doesn't even believe in God; the family members she cannot tolerate are all Christians.

My husband and I think it's possible that Lori feels convicted about something in her life when she is in the presence of other Christians, which could be the underlying reason for her aversion toward her Christian family members (she hasn't gone to church in at least five years, so it seems she is avoiding all believers). Another possiblitiy is that she is demonically oppressed, and whatever demons are afflicting her don't want her to be in the presence of those who represent the light of Jesus. It could also be a combination of both of those things.

Please pray for Lori as God leads you. We are grateful that she has admitted she has a problem, but troubled that she doesn't seem to want to get help. Thanks for praying!

#2 Anawa Robert Puri

Anawa Robert Puri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Listening to gospel music, keeping garden, raising chicks, designing electronics gadgets, praying alone, and chating
  • I am a Layperson

• Government house chapel

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:20 PM

I pray for Lori to obtain divine health of the Lord.

#3 Laurie Collett

Laurie Collett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:Born-again Christian since 4/17/2000. Retired MD neurologist (Laurie Barclay), medical writer. Theatrical ballroom dancer, performer & owner of Rhapsody Ballroom, Tampa, with husband Richard. Adult Bible study teacher. Singer/Christian songwriter.
  • I am a Layperson

• Fellowship Baptist Church

Posted 23 October 2011 - 11:15 AM

Several months ago I requested prayer for my sister-in-law, Lori, who suspected she had ovarian cancer. All the biopsies came back negative; praise God! However, she desperately needs prayer for inner healing and deliverance. Recently, she confided in her mom that she has serious emotional, mental, and spiritual problems that have caused her to become extremely anti-social, to the point that she can't stand being around most people, including almost all the members of her family. As a result, Lori has decided not to attend her mother's 80th birthday party in November because she doesn't want to see her siblings or even her little nephew. She said she feels this way because her family members all have horrible character flaws that she just can't get past. Lori claims to be a Christian, yet ironically, the only person in her family she can tolerate is her grown daughter, who doesn't even believe in God; the family members she cannot tolerate are all Christians.

My husband and I think it's possible that Lori feels convicted about something in her life when she is in the presence of other Christians, which could be the underlying reason for her aversion toward her Christian family members (she hasn't gone to church in at least five years, so it seems she is avoiding all believers). Another possiblitiy is that she is demonically oppressed, and whatever demons are afflicting her don't want her to be in the presence of those who represent the light of Jesus. It could also be a combination of both of those things.

Please pray for Lori as God leads you. We are grateful that she has admitted she has a problem, but troubled that she doesn't seem to want to get help. Thanks for praying!

Dear Julie,

I will pray for Lori. Praise God for healing from her physical illness, which may have been a way God used to get her attention, and for her acknowledging that she has a problem. It might be good if you could speak with her regarding her specific beliefs, because she may say she is a Christian because of her upbringing or because she attends church, yet she may have never repented of her sins and trusted in Jesus, Who died for her sins and rose from the dead that all who believe in Him will have eternal life.

Matthew 7:20 says that "by their fruits ye shall know them," so if she cannot tolerate being in the company of born-again believers, she may not actually be saved. 1 John 4:20 also says "If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?"

If you have witnessed to her and believe she is born again, it may be that she needs counseling or even medical help. I don't believe that demonic possession of a born-again believer is possible; it may be more likely that she is not saved, and is convicted of her sins by the Holy Spirit when she is in the company of Christians.

I will pray for her.

Laurie Collett, Saved by Grace
http://savedbygraceb...y.blogspot.com/

#4 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:31 AM

Thanks so much for praying,everyone! Lori continues to need much prayer. We recently learned from my mother-in-law that the cervical cancer Lori had two years ago has returned, and it is very aggressive (she had surgery and the doctors had thought they got it all). I don't know what her treatment options are. Please continue to pray for healing of her body, mind, and spirit. Thank you again, my friends in Christ!