• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Marina McNutt

Marina McNutt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 02:49 PM

Please pray for me that I am able to fulfill my calling and duties so that it will be pleasing to God. I don't have slightest idea about what to do in my new capacity yet, but I pray that God will lead the way.
Marina McNutt from Acton California

#2 Bill

Bill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Intle. Church of Prague

Posted 12 September 2011 - 09:53 PM

Please pray for me that I am able to fulfill my calling and duties so that it will be pleasing to God. I don't have slightest idea about what to do in my new capacity yet, but I pray that God will lead the way.

Marina,
This is Bill, director of marketplace ministries (mm) of the C#MA. Mm is the vocational professional arm of international ministries. We are striving to equip the folks in the pews to think about thier professional skills and how they can use them overseas in international work. If I can be of any help to you in your new posiiton let me know. Blessings in your new position.
Bill

#3 Guest_Marvin Harrell_*

Guest_Marvin Harrell_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:12 AM

Hi Marina.

I'm Marvin and I'm the web manager here at the national office. I echo Bill in wanting to be of service in any way I can. Can you clarify the role that you have talked about? If yours is the task of elevating missions thinking in your congregation, you are not alone!

If you are an Alliance church member and have been identified by your church as the missions leader, I can make sure you have access to a MyCMA page that has been designed specifically for you.

If you are looking for general missions resources, our missions resources page located at www.cmalliance.org/resources/missions/ is the place for you to begin. Feel free to contact me for more information. And welcome to the community!

#4 Angela Sawtell

Angela Sawtell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • I am a National Office Worker

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • New Life Church

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:54 AM

Hello Marina,

Thank you for sharing! I am Angela, and I work for Missions Mobilization and Ministry Partnerships at the C&MA. One of our goals is to help provide missions related resources to you as a missions leader in your church. It is our hope that we can partner with you in helping to stir a passion for missions. I echo Marvin, you are not alone!

Marvin has mentioned a few great places to start. If you are a missions leader in an Alliance church, we can help you to connect and network with other missions leaders in Alliance churches through the MyCMA page that he mentioned above.

Please feel free to contact me at sawtella@cmalliance.org if you would like more information!

#5 John Corby

John Corby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:45 PM

Marina, John Corby here. You've heard back from a number of folks already offering some good input for you. I'm not sure which Alliance church you attend but this is just a note to let you know that I serve now as a Ministries Liaison with the Alliance. My wife and I have lived and ministered overseas for 34 years with the Alliance and now have the opportunity to come alongside churches in the US to assist them in moving toward deeper engagement with the Alliance overseas. I'm actually going to be in the Southern California area next week. If there were a way that I could meet with you and perhaps your pastor, I'd be willing to try to make that happen. And if it doesn't happen this time, we'll try to make it happen the next time I'm out there. You can reach me at corbyj@cmalliance.org.