• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Interests:Missions, Africa, Cleveland and Ohio Sports
  • I am a Missionary

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Northview Alliance Church, Wooster, Ohio

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:01 AM

We have been able to pass out hundreds of Bible tracts in the military camp. Some people have said to me, "But how do you know they won't use it as scratch paper instead of reading it?" But over and over we have heard stories of how someone has found a brochure, sometimes even thrown on the side of the road, and read about what Jesus has done for them. These tracts are also being used as a means for our Christians to share their faith. One woman said that she gathered all her neighbors together and read it out loud to them. In this country where more and more are becoming literate, people are looking for stuff to read. We believe that the Word of God is powerful and that wherever these tracts end up, God will use them to bring many military to Himself. We are thankful for those who provide us with these materials free of charge. Pray with us as we continue this distribution, that God would be at work among our military in Burkina Faso.
  • Elizabeth May likes this

#2 Gordy

Gordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Ensley Alliance Church, Pensacola FL

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:18 AM

Just a note to say that I am praying for your ministry. I have put together treat bags for "Halloween" Each bag has a chocolate bar,a gospel tract and a gospel of John. I covet your prayers in this ministry.

Peace & Love in Christ,
Gordy
Isa. 41:10
Rom. 5:8
  • Elizabeth May likes this

#3 Laurie Collett

Laurie Collett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:Born-again Christian since 4/17/2000. Retired MD neurologist (Laurie Barclay), medical writer. Theatrical ballroom dancer, performer & owner of Rhapsody Ballroom, Tampa, with husband Richard. Adult Bible study teacher. Singer/Christian songwriter.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Fellowship Baptist Church

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:38 PM

God's Word never returns to Him void. I believe we won't know until we reach glory the impact of each tract we distributed or each seed we planted. My husband and I always try to leave a tract with the tip if we go out to eat, and we assume most of them get thrown out after the money is pocketed, but once I spotted a waitress reading one, and when she saw me, she thanked me with a big smile and it opened the door for me to witness to her! Our job is to sow the seed, and the Holy Spirit will bring the increase.
Laurie Collett, Saved by Grace
http://savedbygraceb...y.blogspot.com/