• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 26 April 2011 - 07:59 AM

Hi friends,
I wonder if I may make a special prayer request?
Back in February, I made a left hand turn from a double turn lane that turned into a single lane. I didn't see a sign indicating that, and so I drove for a couple of seconds on the wrong side of a snow covered road. I was stopped by a police officer, and he took away my license. I had a court date in March, where the judge ruled I should lose my license for 4 months for this.

I eventually appealed this decision, and I have been driving with a temporary license until now. Today is my appeal at a higher court. If the judge rules against me, I won't be driving for the rest of our time in Russia. This would be highly inconvenient, with all that we have left to do before our return to Canada, and I think the punishment doesn't remotely fit the crime. The traffic lawyer I consulted with doesn't think I have much of chance to win the appeal. But I will state my case, and I'd like to ask you to pray about this.

Easter Sunday, I was reminded as I read the story of the resurrection that all authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Jesus. So we would be grateful if you would join us in appealing our case to Jesus. The heart of the judge is in his hands.

The court case is Wednesday, 10:00 am our time; that's midnight of Tuesday at Mountain standard time in Canada.

Thanks for your prayers.
Perry Friesen