Tkulp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:27 AM

First I would like to encourage each reader to take the time to read Tozer’s Feb. 16 devotional at the following link < https://www.cmallian...ns/tozer?id=724 >

I was really amazed the other day as I was lead to read the following devotional.

Will you take a test, read the following and comment; is the following devotional, highlighted in Blue, Truth or Error? What does the Bible say; any translation?

When a number of you have commented, and I feel lead to, I will post what my spirit saw; maybe I will just edit this post.

Thanks for your participation!

Here is the devotional in question:

And they recognized that they had been with Jesus. - Acts 4:13

A Christian should be a striking likeness of Jesus Christ. You have read lives of Christ, beautifully and eloquently written, but the best life of Christ is His living biography, written out in the words and actions of His people. If we were what we profess to be, and what we should be, we would be pictures of Christ; yes, such striking likenesses of Him that the world would not have to hold us to the mirror and say, “Well, it seems somewhat of a likeness”; they would, when they saw us, exclaim, “He has been with Jesus; he has been taught by Him; he is like Him; he has caught the very idea of the holy Man of Nazareth, and he works it out in his life and everyday actions.”

A Christian should be like Christ in his boldness. Never blush to own your Christianity; your profession will never disgrace you: Take care you never disgrace that. Be like Jesus, very valiant for your God.

Imitate Him in your loving spirit; think kindly, speak kindly, and do kindly, that men may say of you, “He has been with Jesus.” Imitate Jesus in His holiness. Was He zealous for His Master? So should you be, going about doing good. Do not waste time; it is too precious. Was He self-denying, never looking to His own interest? Be the same. Was He devout? Then be fervent in your prayers. Did He defer to His Father’s will? So submit yourselves to Him. Was He patient? So learn to endure. And best of all, as the highest portraiture of Jesus, try to forgive your enemies, as He did; and let those sublime words of your Master, “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do,” always ring in your ears. Forgive, as you hope to be forgiven. Heap coals of fire on the head of your enemy by your kindness to him. Good for evil, remember, is Godlike.

Be Godlike then; and in all ways and by all means so live that all may say of you, “He has been with Jesus.”

#2 Tkulp

Tkulp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:27 AM

Well I just noticed that this post was messed up! I believe that the Lord, along with the Marvin's help, has given me a way to correct a mysterious, to me, double entry of this topic, I was able to edit the second copy, which is what you are now reading.

It is hard to believe that so many of you have looked, but no one, to date, has made any comment.

#3 Tkulp

Tkulp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted Yesterday, 11:24 PM

My mind can come up with a number of reasons, not to reply, which only each of you as individuals would know in your own heart why ‘you’ have not commented or replied.

I know that I dislike ‘tests’ and I really do not care to be ‘wrong’! Therefore I avoid ‘tests’ if I can and I talk to the Lord a lot, in order to avoid being ‘wrong’!

I also, personally, take a verse in Proverbs very seriously; Net Bible, Proverbs 17:28  Even a fool who remains silent is considered wise, and the one who holds his tongue is deemed discerning.

It is good to be silent at times, but then there is a silence that “promotes” deception, darkness and death!

Hosea 4:1-12  “Hear the word of the LORD, you Israelites! For the LORD has a covenant lawsuit against the people of Israel. For there is neither faithfulness nor loyalty in the land, nor do they acknowledge God****. There is only cursing, lying, murder, stealing, and adultery. They resort to violence and bloodshed. Therefore the land will mourn, and all its inhabitants will perish. The wild animals, the birds of the sky, and even the fish in the sea will perish.

Do not let anyone accuse or contend against anyone else: for my case is against you priests! You stumble day and night, and the false prophets stumble with you; You have destroyed your own people!

You have destroyed my people by failing to acknowledge me! Because you refuse to acknowledge me, I will reject you as my priests. Because you reject the law of your God, I will reject your descendants. The more the priests increased in numbers, the more they rebelled against me. They have turned their glorious calling into a shameful disgrace!

They feed on the sin offerings of my people; their appetites long for their iniquity!

I will deal with the people and priests together: I will punish them both for their ways, and I will repay them for their deeds.

They will eat, but not be satisfied; they will engage in prostitution, but not increase in numbers; because they have abandoned the LORD by pursuing other gods. Old and new wine take away the understanding of my people. They consult their wooden idols, and their diviner’s staff answers with an oracle. The wind of prostitution blows them astray; they commit spiritual adultery against their God.”

****People do not have a truthful, intimate knowledge of God and His Heart (desires) for humanity! Jesus came to reveal that knowledge, which the Israelite spiritual leaders had twisted. Only the Holy Spirit can reveal how spiritual leaders, in the last 2000 years, have twisted what our Heavenly Father, through Jesus, has given us.

Too many preachers preach mostly ‘truth’, but interject into it a ‘deception’, or at times an outright lie.

How many preachers do you know that really believe and teach, “that you can live without sin”, free from all sin in your life, completely rescued and delivered?

What is the TRUTH? What does the Bible say about God’s Holiness, lived out, in our lives?%3