• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Interests:Missions, Africa, Cleveland and Ohio Sports
  • I am a Missionary

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Northview Alliance Church, Wooster, Ohio

Posted 15 May 2024 - 01:53 AM

Our C&MA DNA means discipleship. Early on, our teams first missionaries realized how important it would be for the pastor’s wife to receive biblical instruction. In the early days the emphasis was on literacy and giving them tools for teaching others. Pastors in this country are sent out to unreached areas and both husband and wife need to be thoroughly equipped for every good work. When a cell group is started, often the pastor and his wife take turns between the cell group and the main church. But we also realized the influence the pastor’s wife would have in the community and so we introduced health classes, including first aid, and how to assist in the delivery of a baby. In recent years, part of that equipping process has included practical skill training; sewing, weaving, and this year we added cake and popcorn making as ways for these women to supplement their income. I don’t know if the Apostle Paul taught tent making classes, but we know that as our women sit at a weaving machine or around a cooking pot, other women will come by to talk and see what they are doing. We ourselves are thankful to be well resourced so that we in turn can prepare women students for every good. Discipleship includes the idea that Christ becomes a part of and changes everything that we say and do.

Attached File  a2a5405e-9d33-4295-9113-9087043c02de.jpeg   339.48KB   0 downloads