• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Interests:Missions, Africa, Cleveland and Ohio Sports
  • I am a Missionary

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Northview Alliance Church, Wooster, Ohio

Posted 03 February 2023 - 05:34 AM

It goes much deeper than a home town, a place where you were born, even where you have chosen to settle. For burkinabe, their village is their identification, their loyalty, and for some, where their gods are located. There will always be a place for you in your village, even if you have never lived there. You can always go home to your village. I have seen some people spend an enormous amount, going out of their way to help a person in need. "Is this your relative?" I would ask. "No, just a guy from my village." The loyalty, the identity that is wrapped up in your village, is hard for western minds to grasp. When someone moves away from the village and becomes successful, one of the things to do is to build a home in your village, even if you will likely never live there. So, when a close friend called to say their village was under attack, I had a small idea of what that meant. It is what many are facing and they need prayer. Prayer that our Heavenly Father would grant peace to this country. Prayer for those having to leave their homes and find refuge. Prayer that Christians would find their identity and sense of belongingness with the body of Christ. Prayer that we who are present would be sensitive to the level of loss when one has to flee his village. Most of all prayer that we would all make Christ and heaven our true home.

Attached File  IMG_8597.jpeg   278.7KB   0 downloads