• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:Missions, Africa, Cleveland and Ohio Sports
  • I am a Missionary

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Northview Alliance Church, Wooster, Ohio

Posted 07 October 2022 - 07:08 AM

Our bags are packed but we are not ready to go! The situation in Burkina Faso is such that we need to be ready in a moment’s notice to evacuate. But we press on, finding it better to set short term goals that will bring the greatest benefit to our national church. These have included such mundane things as sorting through files and organizing documents in the event that all would be turned over to our church. But we also are moving ahead with well drilling projects that will be done in the days ahead and two important building projects at our girls school. We are doing a distribution for our widows this month that normally we do around Christmas and starting a small business training program for them as well. These short term goals help us to stay focused on what we can do and keep us from discouragement in trying to do what might not be possible to complete. I watched this little girl shelling a small bowl of peanuts. Each time she would finish with the small bowl, her grandfather would fill it from a large bag of unshelled peanuts. Then she would begin again. We do what we have planned to do this day and this week. Our bags are packed, but we pray that we will not have to go!

Attached File  IMG_7548.jpeg   356.88KB   0 downloads