• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 956 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 12 September 2021 - 11:59 AM

Job 7:6-7
My days are swifter than a weaver’s shuttle,
And are spent without hope.
7 Oh, remember that my life is a breath!
My eye will never again see good.

Lately, I can relate to Job. It seems evil is taking over. Family tossed and I often think and feel, "my eyes will never see good again". Am I alone?

Then, Solomon said : "What has been will be again. What has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun". Eccl 1:9.

So, is this all a repeat? Evil, dark powers. This post springs off of Charles's posts back some time ago. It's not just Covid. That's just another plague? More or worse to come very soon? A sense of dread that my husband and I both experience. No one else senses this?

Quoting Proverbs 29:25 plainly tells us, "The fear of man is a snare." This is an attitude in which we do not want to be entrapped. It is obvious, in the context of Matthew 10:27, that He is talking about fear in the sense of "dread." We are not to fear men because the worst that they can do does not even begin to match the worst that God can do!

Be at peace in Christ. I'm not trying to steal that here. Just authentic discourse is invited please. So, let's recall..."Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,"

Love
Candice