• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 12 September 2021 - 11:59 AM

Job 7:6-7
My days are swifter than a weaver’s shuttle,
And are spent without hope.
7 Oh, remember that my life is a breath!
My eye will never again see good.

Lately, I can relate to Job. It seems evil is taking over. Family tossed and I often think and feel, "my eyes will never see good again". Am I alone?

Then, Solomon said : "What has been will be again. What has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun". Eccl 1:9.

So, is this all a repeat? Evil, dark powers. This post springs off of Charles's posts back some time ago. It's not just Covid. That's just another plague? More or worse to come very soon? A sense of dread that my husband and I both experience. No one else senses this?

Quoting Proverbs 29:25 plainly tells us, "The fear of man is a snare." This is an attitude in which we do not want to be entrapped. It is obvious, in the context of Matthew 10:27, that He is talking about fear in the sense of "dread." We are not to fear men because the worst that they can do does not even begin to match the worst that God can do!

Be at peace in Christ. I'm not trying to steal that here. Just authentic discourse is invited please. So, let's recall..."Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,"

Love
Candice

#2 Tony Davison

Tony Davison

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:Retired Electrician by trade full time christian by Gods choice.
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 17 October 2021 - 03:38 AM

I do know what you are saying, in Ontario people are losing their jobs because they are not Vaccinating, even Nurses which is self defeating. I decided to get Vaccinated, but forcing people to do something against their will?  

#3 Tkulp

Tkulp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Interests:Studying the Word as the Spirit directs.
    Sharing what I learn about the Truth of the Word of God.
    Aquaponics / rooting plant starts / Living on God's provisions
    Learning about wild edibles, Herbs and God's natural provisions for life, both physical and spiritual.
    Raising cattle
  • I am a Layperson

• Coop Prairie

Posted 29 October 2021 - 09:36 AM

Candice,

Each of us chooses what our eyes will see or not see, even Job spoke of shutting his eyes to what might be evil. (below Job 31:1-6) We are responsible for what we meditate on.

All of us, even Jesus, received temptations to think on wrong things, but each one chooses to get the wrong thoughts out of our mind or continue to allow them to stay. (See web link below)

The goal of the government and media is to generate fear in order to control the populace and have a reason to take away our Constitutional Freedoms. Very similar to Hitlers tactics.

Turn off the media and open the Word of God, meditate on It day and night, and Trust God with your whole heart and He will deliver you from fear. (below  Philippians 4:6-9)

-----------------------------------------

Tony,

The reason that nurses are not taking the so called vaccine is because they see what is happening to many of those that take the shots as well as how it was developed, that it is purely experimental!

Nurses know from experience, not by listening to what the media says.

I just did a search to see if it is true that this new untested drug used cells from an aborted fetus. I could not find one site that could say that at least one aborted fetus was used in the development and or testing of the so called vaccine.

I do not know how anyone could deny that this is a part of the world system that God abhors according to...

Psalm 5:5  Boasters can have no standing in Your sight; You (God) abhor all evildoers.
Psalm 5:6  You will destroy those who speak lies; the Lord abhors [and rejects] the bloodthirsty and deceitful man.

James 4:4  Adulterers, do you not know that friendship with the world means hostility toward God? So whoever decides to be the world's friend makes himself God's enemy.

Is it being a friend or being dependent looking to a provider, to trust the world system for "preventative" measures? ...or even healing?  Who are we trusting our lives to when we go to man for protection from sicknesses??   What is the definition of a "god"?? What does the Word of God tell us to do to prevent sickness or receive healing?

Here is just a little from Paul.

Romans 8:11  Moreover "if" the Spirit of the one who raised Jesus from the dead lives in you, the one who raised Christ from the dead will also make your mortal bodies alive through his Spirit who lives in you.

Paul also, in Galatians Chapter 5 (below), gives us a picture of what a person looks like if they are living in the flesh as well as what one looks like if they are living in obedience to the Holy Spirit.

I have had an advantage that not many have had, being raised in a C&MA Pastor's home and learning that Jesus is our healer if we repent and trust Him. Many times when I got sick, one of the first things that I was asked was if I had any sin or hidden sin in my life. When that was taken care of I was anointed with or and prayed for.

My family has been through and around polio, swine flue, etc. without the world's cures. I have seen and continue to see God's way at work in my life as I walk in obedience to His Spirit and His Word.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Job 31:1-6

I promised myself never to stare with desire at a young woman.

God All-Powerful punishes men who do that. In fact, God sends disaster on all who sin, and he keeps a close watch on everything I do. I am not dishonest or deceitful, and I beg God to prove my innocence.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Philippians 4:6-9

Don't worry about anything, but pray about everything. With thankful hearts offer up your prayers and requests to God. Then, because you belong to Christ Jesus, God will bless you with peace that no one can completely understand. And this peace will control the way you think and feel.

Finally, my friends, keep your minds on whatever is true, pure, right, holy, friendly, and proper. Don't ever stop thinking about what is truly worthwhile and worthy of praise. You know the teachings I gave you, and you know what you heard me say and saw me do. So follow my example. And God, who gives peace, will be with you.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Galatians 5:19-25

The Fleshly Life

People's desires make them give in to immoral ways, filthy thoughts, and shameful deeds. They worship idols, practice witchcraft, hate others, and are hard to get along with. People become jealous, angry, and selfish. They not only argue and cause trouble, but they are envious. They get drunk, carry on at wild parties, and do other evil things as well. I told you before, and I am telling you again: No one who does these things will share in the blessings of God's kingdom.

The Spirit Led Life

God's Spirit makes us loving, happy, peaceful, patient, kind, good, faithful, gentle, and self-controlled. There is no law against behaving in any of these ways. And because we belong to Christ Jesus, we have killed our selfish feelings and desires. God's Spirit has given us life, and so we should follow the Spirit.

---------------------------------------------------------

https://www.gotquest...l-thoughts.html